1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 19 | Sepang | Malaysia | Oct 23

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 17, 2022.

1. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Why are some of you acting as if this is the first time you seen/heard of team orders. It is what it is. Looks like Ducati will win:
    MotoGP team title(done)
    MotoGP rookie title(done)
    MotoGP rider title
    WSBK team title(done)
    WSBK rider title
    Pretty good 2022 year.

rd400racer, MachineR1 and Phl218 like this.
  2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Why? It isn't like they took a vote and excluded Marc for those 3 years. Marquez was taking too many risks and crashing too often. That caught up to him and he broke himself. Part of racing is staying upright and not getting hurt. Marc fucked that part up pretty badly.

stk0308, MyWayGuy, Dragginass and 4 others like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bagnaia was asked how he envisions the relationship going between the two as teammates next season, it came as no surprise that the Italian felt like things could be challenging.
    "The atmosphere will not be easy," said Bagnaia. "We have to try and do a good work and for sure, it’s different compared to now. He’s a different person and really [wants to win].

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1...phere-bastianini-next-season-will-not-be-easy

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

They're leading the league in points and assists!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dorna will love it. more soap opera. walls put up in the pit box. just like in the good VR/JLo days at Yamaha

Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Which is why every team has more than one rider. Everyone is helping everyone in the team.

7. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was just hoping it would be wrapped up this race. Now it's one more round of fake drama and hyperbole from the lead announcer. Take a shot every time he says 'match point'...

BigBird likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

at least they didn't have corny match point graphics every 5 seconds like the last few years of the marquez run

9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

People like you would probably put an asterisk next to all of Rainey's championships because Doohan didn't win them. :rolleyes:

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Count me as one that is also not convinced Enea gave 2 shits about team orders. Even on the last lap, he was hounding Pecco. No idea what Duc's intentions actually were. Announcers were definitely making it worse though. Normally love those guys but man there were multiple times this round I wished they'd just STFU.

23103a, Razr and BigBird like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

admittedly, the faces of ducati management were really entertaining during the race ...

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

13. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

No way. I’ve read all the internet experts opinions and they say everyone on the grid except Fabio is letting Pecco win. I didn’t believe it at first but now I can see just how far reaching Ducati team orders go.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Jorge Martin was nice enough to crash and let Peecco win.

BigBird, bullockcm and stk0308 like this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's one devoted employee.

16. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

They should all have asterisks since Lawson retired!

stk0308 likes this.
  17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If Enea wanted to be really savage, invite Iannone to the next race to hang out. Ducati would lose their shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  18. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Definitely one next to Kevin’s championship.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is an asterisk next to every championship out there from someones POV. There is always luck involved, or a better bike involved, or better tires involved or whatever it is that one team did better than the others. The rider is never the sole determining factor outside of a pure spec series and even then there can be variables.

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this since they scored enough to lose their concessions for next year. When Suzuki lost their concessions for 2017, they had a pretty miserable year. I think Aprilia will face a similar year next year, especially as they've slowly become unglued throughout this year.

BigBird likes this.