1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 18 | Phillip Island | Australia | Oct 16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I saw a spectator there yesterday with a Bills jacket on. Bills Mafia is everywhere . :D

BigBird likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Big game just starting.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I would generally with that Mark post-race assessment, but I seem to recall that he was somewhat 'miffed' at Rins in his Silverstone win....

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Gawd I wish the racing was that fun to watch every week

cpettit and Steeltoe like this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That's the thing with sport though, doesn't matter what it is, 95% of the time it isn't really exciting but you have to watch it just in case you happen to catch the really good game/race etc.

Sudowoodo likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

May be a repost but this popped up in my feed.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

A* at it again

Enea Bastianini: ‘Airbag exploded’ on way from 20th to 5th, half-second from victory

“We knew starting 15th would be complicated but the first lap was really strange because [riding] with the other guys the bike felt really nervous and then in the last corner my airbag exploded because [of a big jolt].

“I made a lap and a half with the [airbag] open and lost a lot of positions, but lap-by-lap I gained confidence and finished really close to the first group.”

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/1014744/1/enea-bastianini-airbag-exploded-during-20th-5th-charge

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also Congrats to Izan Guevara becoming Moto3 World Champion

Wonder where he falls on the scale of how good he will become. Pedro Acosta seemed to finally get things figured out recently and not being injured helps.

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Hands down best race of the year and it needs to be mentioned that not only was Marc fast, but he swapped positions with several riders all race and never bermed one and raced clean but hard. Pure entertainment watching that many bikes in the lead pack passing back and forth all race.

cpettit likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2 things that haven't been discussed (I think) in here:

The Jorge Navarro situation with not even a yellow flag while he was sitting on the edge of the track for a couple of laps! :eek: I was glad for Lopez that they did not red flagged the race, but something very wrong went on there (at least, for someone watching on TV).

Pedro Acosta's totally class move with the Gardner shirt and tribute in Parc Fermé, especially considering who signs his paychecks.

11. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

It appeared they had to alter their normal line through there so as to not hit him. From the view on TV, it did look ridiculous.

BigBird likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It may not have shown up on the screen with the "yellow flag" indicator at the top of the screen, but I think there was a yellow because I think I did see a green being waived in the corner right after the incident in a brief camera shot. Agree that maybe a red may have been more appropriate.

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And in hind sight, the Navarro situation was very dangerous: bleeding femoral artery! :eek:

(They didn't know it then.)

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw the green flag. Seemed strange to me.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What a great video!!!! Thanks for sharing

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I was surprised Miller wasn't hurt more after he got ass-packed. The whiplash alone looked horrible.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Wife and I were both yelling at the tv over that one. I'd love to hear the logic on why they didn't throw the red flag there. To me (us) is was pretty clear situation where you've got a rider and corner workers in an impact zone, just feet off of a green track. For multiple laps. They really shit the bed on that call IMO. But that's easy to say from my couch.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe they thought they were safe on the inside of that corner.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If one bike can get there, another can too. I'm guessing there was a breakdown in communication and they thought they'd get him cleared from there a lot quicker than they did. There's not always a lot of time to make those calls. But still, It was a pretty tense situation with the bikes coming through again, while he, and everybody else were still there.

BigBird likes this.