1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Business Pricing

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Sep 28, 2022.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I keep getting notifications that I qualify for "Amazon Business Pricing".

What is it, is it worth it, and what are the catches? With Amazon, I am expecting a catch.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

We have an Amazon business account and 99% of the time, there's no difference on the things we buy. I can't think of a downside, but there's no real upside either.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Can you upload a resale cert to be tax exempt?

BigBird likes this.
  5. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

My experience is the same. There are occasionally some items (especially with multiple qty) where you save a few extra bucks, but nothing remarkable or consistent.

6. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you're asking about using this method specifically, but you can set up Tax Exempt on Amazon and I'm pretty sure you're not required to have a business account to do it. Just type "tax exempt" in the search on Amazon and go from there

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You fill out a form online, just business info and your tax number.

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

A lot of large organizations and enterprises previously banned employees with P-Cards or company credit cards from purchasing from Amazon. Amazon Business accounts were the solution. It allows organizations to restrict purchases from certain categories, clearly separated work Amazon accounts from personal accounts, highlight categories, opens up bulk purchasing for commodities, some record keeping tax reports for the accountants, and if you’re large enough - altered terms and conditions for purchasing.

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It allows Amazon to collect information about your business and what you buy. Then target you with those items and sell that data to whomever finds value in knowing about your transactions.