1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Lenny Albin

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

FYI Lenny Albin

Lennysgirl likes this.
  2. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Dam. I had fingers crossed for good news. Lenny was a great ambassador for the sport. Witnessed may conversations where his passion and knowledge helped others fix issue and most importantly build confidence. You will be missed Sir

Lennysgirl and black knight like this.
  3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

RIP Lenny. He was a great help to my team(s) over the years.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP.

Lennysgirl likes this.
  5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

RIP sir. Was a very nice and knowledgeable guy.

Lennysgirl and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Met him at NEMRR a couple of years ago…..was more than Will to give me very helpful setup advice on the SV.

He will be missed in the paddock.

Lennysgirl likes this.
  7. Admotowork

Admotowork Well-Known Member

Lenny was one of my instructors at M.M.I nearly twenty years ago. It was good to catch up with him at the MA rounds the past year.
    All around good dude. RIP

Lennysgirl likes this.
  8. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Always willing to help, he will be missed. RIP

Lennysgirl likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Seems like we are all saying the same thing. He was one of the most honest and generous nice guys you could ever meet.

Loved the guy!!

I think the service is next Wednesday, but haven’t seen anything official.

Lennysgirl likes this.
  10. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

I read this the day it was posted but have struggled to find the words to express how awesome Lenny was. He made anyone he was working with feel like they were the most important person to him. He beamed being able to help improve riders and was confidence inspiring.

It's been a long time since I have raced, but I am not sure I'll ever forget him telling me that he's never seen anyone go through 3 at VIR as fast. I looked at him sideways, knowing the racers he's watched. He looked at me deadpan, "I am serious." He was gifted at always finding positive things to say to people. And he did it naturally. He was everyone's biggest fan.

Years after stopping racing, I was at a trackday. I was struggling with my suspension and texted Lenny. He immediately calls me and starts troubleshooting. Then I hear announcements in the background and people trying to talk to him. I asked him where he was. "At the AMA races..." "Lenny! What the hell are you doing talking to me? I am at a trackday and I don't even race anymore." To which he replied, "But you're important. You need to have fun and be set-up." And that was Lenny. Everyone was a priority to him.

Away from racing, I became friends with Lenny and shared many a visit and dinner. What struck me the most was just how much he loved his kids... and his wife, Karen. That same enthusiasm and positivity he had at the track was a million fold when he talked about them.

He had a health scare about a decade ago and I remember him talking about how thankful he was to be alive. He was motivated to make changes and said something to the effect of 'I have to live! I need to be here for my kids and Karen!' He loved being at the track, but it was clear, there was nothing he loved more than being a dad and husband. He had so much love for all of them.

I'll miss you, Lenny. You had it figured out. Joy and love were your priorities.

11. Boman Forklift

That is so spot on and well written. I don’t know what else to say other than he made us feel the exact same way. Hard to believe a guy can make that many racers feel what you and I feel for him.

He spoke about Karen and his kids the same way to me.

Lennysgirl, _indy and YamahaRick like this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Damn it! I just saw this. RIP Lenny. Another reminder that life is short and you never know.

Lennysgirl, Boman Forklift and _indy like this.
  13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

"Love Ya Kiddo"

Lennysgirl, Boman Forklift and _indy like this.
  14. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

RIP Sir and more importantly his family and friends. He's riding the perfect track on the perfect bike with the perfect body and loving every minute of it. Heaven does have some tracks, the best you never could imagine. I'm so looking forward to meeting him and having a ride.

Lennysgirl and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Just don’t go meeting him too soon.

_indy and Lennysgirl like this.
  16. Lennysgirl

Lennysgirl New Member

Okay guys I am Karen Lenny’s other half. First and foremost thank you all for the post about Lenny. Second here are the details for his celebration of life: A celebration of life has been scheduled October 6 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. local time at The Original Aunt Childas, 7330 North Dreamy Draw Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85020. Friends are invited to send photos and/or videos of Lenny to [email protected]. If anyone wants to reach out to me Lenny’s phone is still connected and I am still answering calls. Thank you Karen

17. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I will be there

Boman Forklift and Britt like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

I plan to be there too. Anyone else in S. Cal planning to drive we can ride together, if you like?

Lenny is a great dude and Karen is great too.

19. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

Just recently "met" Lenny on the phone. I bought some suspension off of his neighbor and he suggested calling Lenny for setup advice. I called him and he was so friendly and open with setup ideas, I couldn't believe it. He actually apologized for not having his notes as he was on the road to a MotoAmerica round. I had no idea who he was. He sure as heck had no idea who I am (nobody...) but treated me like a long lost racing partner and friend. I am sorry that I won't get to tell him that he made my day and his advice was spot on.
    RIP Lenny

20. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

When I was working for a pro AMA team we would go to the Indianapolis dealer expo every year to recruit sponsorship and check in on existing sponsors. I would meet hundreds of people that weekend and leave with sore feet and a distaste for breath mints. Lenny stood out from all of the hand shakes and small talk as an individual who genuinely cared about our modest privateer efforts more than most. I bet the chariots upstairs are cornering better than ever now. RIP Lenny

Boman Forklift likes this.