1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameron B

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I forget Schumacher was on a Tylters machine. That dude must've brought tons of cash to the program because he sure didn't bring results.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So why have people here been carrying on like Portimao is in audition for WSBK?

3. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Because we blindly believe that all our merican racers are the best in the world and that teams should be salivating over them. History be damned!

Steeltoe, kirk erlinger, drop and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because they are, ya’ gawd hating commie! :D

‘Merica! NASCAR! F@ck France and f@ck BSB! :D

sheepofblue, Dragginass and Sudowoodo like this.
  5. I don't follow the gossip or anything, I just watch the races. So I wonder what happened with Moto2.

Even if someone else was already promised Cam's seat, I find it odd that no other team in Moto2 would pick him up. He has proven he has a ton of potential and had some good results (when he stayed upright). Unless maybe that is the reasons, inconsistency.

Or it could just simply be a purely financial decision. Maybe he is thinking about his future and can make good money in MA.

Nick_OMC, 5axis and racerx13 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don’t know how American racing works their deals but remember, a lot of moto2 teams expect you to bring sponsorship cash with you.

Gino230 and Canadian Bacon like this.
  7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Roberts is about our only current hope right now. Surprised SDK hasn’t caught the Fenati treatment…yet. Would’ve loved to see PJ on a Moto2 bike the way he ran up front and won in the WSSP Championship but that’s a pipe dream at this point.

5axis likes this.
  8. Circacee

My take: He's almost 30, tried living abroad for a couple years and misses home. He came back for summer break and probably knocked his wife up, he can stockpile some cash smoking the field in MA or at least do enough to live comfortably.

Rory Skinner is likely the replacement at American Racing (I believe they'll fold or bankrupt).

Joe Roberts on the other hand is 25-26, single and the dude looks like a fucking model. He's loving and living life abroad.

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I’d say it’s financial at this point, and that and he’s turning 30 soon. Imo, he also knows time is limited, but less limited in MotoAmerica.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

pretty sure JR16's GF is the girl from Last Man Standing, he's posted up pics with her at different events over the last few years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaitlyn_Dever
    she's an actress, they're both young and probably dont take things as serious as Cam B so JR16 is loving living abroad where Cam probably wants to come back home since he's proclaimed he's very much a home body

11. Circacee

Whoops, missed that. Either way, the kid's living the dream and rumors are he's going to Pons next year. Maybe he will get all tatted up like Aron Canet! :flag:

12. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Personally, I think that the Portimao round is more of an audition for Attack Performance. Stanboli has stated a number of times that he'd like to field a WSBK team. He also did a wild card with his rider (whether it was Josh Herrin or JD Beach) Every time WSBK and MotoA double carded at Laguna Seca. I definitely think this was more Stanboli's idea, and Gagne was like "yeah, ok sounds awesome" Stanboli builds bikes. He loves it, he's good at it, and maybe he thinks he could operate a competitive WSBK team if given the funding, or maybe he's interested in going the Ten Kate/ Alpha Racing route and will build/supply other teams with race ready packages.

If Gagne did end up in WSBK, who would Yamaha even put on their bike? Stanboli has also stated that he doesn't hire the riders, Yamaha does.

Also, BRING BACK JD BEACH!

sheepofblue and CharlieY like this.
  13. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I checked out the he Tytler Cycle BMWs at Pitt and they are gorgeous, WSBK looking kit. I bet BMW would pay a huge kicker out to the rider who won the championship on one. If Cam can still ride a superbike and did not lost his Mojo by running around at the back the last few years he could be that guy. Looing forward to next season!!!

hotnail likes this.
  14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That's because they are Alpha Racing WSBK bikes. You can buy one for yourself as well. ;)

https://racebike.alpharacing.com/product/racebike-rc-sbk-m/

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:stupid:

Steeltoe, CharlieY, dieterly and 2 others like this.
  16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

100% Bring back beach.

Hey if petrucci leaves, maybe they will build 2, Ducati superbikes in the future, have Herrin and Cam B. They can discuss their defunct moto2 careers.

Trainwreck likes this.
  17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Maybe he just wants to come home?

18. Cam’s not stupid with his financial planning and has played things smart as he could in regards to that. He took a gamble last couple years and didn’t quite pay off but he also didn’t make an SDK of himself either. He’d have to be on a good team, with a good budget and on good bikes. I will also assume his salary would be a factor in that budget as well as I don’t see him with too many personal sponsors to the point of bringing a lot of cash for a ride plus his salary. I’d love to see him back but only if he has all the right stars aligned. Would be nice if BMW threw some support at it but I have no idea what their deal is with them.

Boman Forklift and Circacee like this.
  19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

20. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold