1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So for what its worth, I was highly involved in the AMA Dirt Track Grand CHampionships, as well as other high level AMA races from Scoring, all the way to tech/tear down. I would never, ever let an accompanying adult speak with a minor of another parent.

And honestly, before that kid could have actually protested, I would have marked the time, and told him to go get his father, as he already presented himself within the time. Under 18, always a parent will be there whether YOU like it or not.

There should have been anyone calling Deegan and he should have stayed out of it. He damn well knows this would lead to a shit storm, but he thought he could bully and he succeeded.

2. six6two

six6two AWD

Many moons ago I actually went to a muddy ass dirt track race in Florida where you not only raced, but assumed seemingly all possible roles other than owning the track, simultaneously.

Not only did you take a fkn mud pit and turn it into an amazingly prepped track within a few hours of what looked to be a soon canceled event… but you raced your ass off along with everyone, shuffling kids around to their grid and pulled it all off in an astonishing fashion… with ZERO drama that I was aware of.. so you’ve also got my utmost respect in all regards of running an event…

Honestly I couldn’t agree more about parents being present, for the benefit of everyone involved.

That said, there’s no way in hell I’d send a kid I cared anything about alone into that situation, as I would expect the kid to be put in a very intimidating spot with adults that are not really there to be “in his corner” at minimum…

My only gripe here, believe it or not is the character assassination over what was by all official accounts a very civil conversation.

Was the convo at least slightly inappropriate? Most likely!!!

Was it getting anywhere near child predator territory? Absofuckinglutely not!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

To all of you

[​IMG]

STOP IT

Once a Wanker.. and Spooner like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

We also know that the father was off on the track, seemingly watching from across the way which hindered him from getting there.

Just speculating, but could it be possible the father said "We only have 30 minutews to make the protest/claim window and Ill be spectating at turn 3 near the triple so It might take me a while to get back and in case they start another race before I could cross the track, so you make sure to get there asap"

We are all speculating on shit we dont know. We do know that the kid did everything right, and by the book, until promoter/yamaha/star/ddeegan got involved. The ONLY representative that should have been involved from the other side should have been team manager to deliver the bike, or the mechanic to deliver the bike. Thats how it should be done. Because we all know how race parents can be. This just proves it.

Deegan had a clear and easy line of sight to speak to the kid in itself would be intimidating.

For folks not familiar with MX, this would be like the kid riding for Ulrich or Stanboli at GNF and getting protested. The people that should/would be involved would be the racer and the team manager/owner.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wait wait wait. Now you could care less about my run ins but before you didn’t read about any run ins. Which is it? God your memory is pathetic.

you listed a bunch of people not the child’s parents. They mine as well have not been there and it just be Deegan and the kid as they’re also not the child’s parents. Still an unaccompanied minor to the meeting with one of the biggest names in MX

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  6. six6two

six6two AWD

I’m on the same page with you here… but honestly through all the finger pointing I think there’s grounds for a criminal investigation, and I don’t think Brian would be subject to any criminal charges here… but extortion is no joke.. could be some kind of fraud charges on top of that based on the kid’s first interview on all this.

It definitely seems like the kid was well prepared to make his claim within the rules… but I don’t think hopping on the podcast tour and making allegations of extortion against a MFG is good for anyone at all.. will be interesting to see how this plays out, or if the story just fades away.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Deegan should have told the promoter to pound sand when he said go talk to the kid. He knew it was out of line. How could he not?

8. six6two

six6two AWD

I could care less about your run ins AND I’m actively skipping over posts when I see your name attached unless you’re throwing bullshit directly on my name like you are now.

IDGAF about your run in, and I can’t be any more clear that I do not think it’s right to be attacking his character over this incident based on what we know.

As for the rest of your “post” idk wtf what to tell you until you sit down and figure out how to type your train of thoughts out into a somewhat coherent format.

Good luck with that conspiracy theory though, champ… I’m sure you’ll bring all the deep state’s pedophilia in moto to light in no time lmfao

9. Robby-Bobby

The thing is, Deegan was himself a decent amateur prior to FMX so he KNOWS the rules and the way moto parents are. He simply became one.

10. six6two

six6two AWD

He definitely knows the deal… I think he landed an SX podium on a truly privateer 125.

“You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself to become the villain.”-Batman

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I knew it wasn't our stuff. Just talking in general.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Different times.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

C’mon Deegan knew what he was doing, I’m sure he wanted to throw his weight around and back up the process.

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

listening to the interviews, the kid's dad was supposed to go and meet him post race, but the dad forgot about it. the kid went as soon as he could, knowing there was a time limit to protest. the dad then remembered, and showed up a bit later..
    Edit: and Rob posted additional info above, as to why the dad was late to the meeting.

skidooboy and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The General tm. has built a social media brand that makes money and the rest of the sport is trying to hitch onto that money train.
    The powers that be, don't want that train derailed .

Senna likes this.
  16. six6two

six6two AWD

Yeah just watched the little weasel’s response to everybody talking about it on vital and holyshit…. I had no idea about his trainer LMFAO!!!

Anyways.. turns out he actually took Haiden out back in April at a race, then pitched this little bitch fit on Snapchat afterwards… wish I could post the vid but it’s easy to find on youtube… oh yeah.. his sponsor of 3 years pulled his sponsorship a week after Lorettas but his bike blew up that day and he didn’t even get to finish his races.. shucks!

Remember.. hate leads to suffering!!!:D

[​IMG]

17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Attention Ladies and Gentlemen! Let me introduce you to the president of the Brian Deegan Fanboi Club!

A. Barrister, stk0308, Jed and 6 others like this.
  18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth, at the end of the day the rule did not prevent the event it was designed for. A factory brought a bike to an amateur event they didn’t want anybody else to see/have and they ensured it was not claimed. My only question is whether the bike was actually legal, or just using parts they didn’t want outsiders to know about.

Jed, MELK-MAN, Senna and 1 other person like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably both.

20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Shhh... that's the part the acolytes want to fade away.

backbone likes this.