1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSB teams expanding to MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I would hope for someone better than Sheene. He wasn't as good as a lot of people make him out to be, certainly ranks below Hailwood and Read, I would say Surtees too and probably a couple of other British riders who never really bothered riding outside the UK much.

He was just a big personality who did a lot for motorcycle racing in the UK, but the majority of it was done to promote himself.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From me the sheene of England crap came from trolling the MCN and Crash sites when they used to allow comments and had boards. Started way back with Toseland or Hodgson and then saying <insert rider> Was going to be the next great English champ.

Rea was and I think exceeded all the meat boilers (I’d argue he’s the GOAT for superbike riders) but he’s Irish so can’t give them him. :D

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I'll think you will be onto something when someone else starts taking way track records around the country

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Northern Irish, so he's from the UK.

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Motortrend+ plays the entire BSB weekend and has the races saved going back a handful of rounds. $5/mo

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brits I’ve met don’t embrace the “bomb throwers” unless there’s something in it for them. :D

stk0308 likes this.
  7. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Motor Trend On Demand also has BSB. They save the whole day's livestream and have that as their replay though. So you have to sift through it to find the races you want to watch.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think to get this thread back on track we need it to be bombed with a dozen or so Faye Ho photos... :D

r6fast, Gino230 and BC like this.
  9. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The Superbike class over there is running an entirely different set of rules in regards to electronics. Any team coming over is going to face a pretty steep learning curve (in addition to driving on the correct side of the road and comprehensive dental work)

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

No Faye pics yet, but podium finisher and friends at Cadwell race 1....

CPP.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    Shenanigans likes this.
  11. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

12. speedkelly

Toprak jumping the mountain just now. I say they should let him race, start him at the back of pack. Would he epic. He was really going for it.

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We already have two pretty successful female team owners- Melissa Paris and Michelle Lindsay (TOBC) that could certainly use a shot of funding. That would be a good segway into bringing a full team over.

BSB uses spec electronics, no? Since half of our Superbike field is STK 1ooo bikes, they could theoretically be competitive right off the bat....

stk0308 and Sudowoodo like this.
  14. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

If I understand it correctly, the electronics are replaced with an homologated unit - no traction control or other rider aids.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Really wish Michelle could/would get back into fielding a full-time team. That whole crew are a great bunch. But totally understand why she's not.

16. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Petrucci kicking ass??? The last 4 races I watched he didn't win and doing nothing but complaining since he is getting his ass kicked. Being in MotoGP spoiled his ass.

grasshopper likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw insta video of Toprak absolutely launch it over the mountain. Dude looked like Josh Brookes.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Old-school Josh Brooks or Race 2 Josh Brooks?

Steady T likes this.
  19. speedkelly

Got to love Toprak, being a big Scott Redding fan it's hard at times. But the dude can ride, and appears to love doing it.

Be awesome to have him wildcard in a BSB race.

20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member