1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's with all the rebuilt titles out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Aug 25, 2022.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Because once they get rebuilt they usually find a new dick to sniff.

brex likes this.
  2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i have owned several rebuilt cars. none have ever been an issue. fenders, bumpers, lights etc can all be replaced fairly easily...if youre dealing with serious frame damage etc. it s a bit more tough. i wouldnt hesitate to buy another, especially if there are pics before the repair to give you an idea of what was wrong.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm not really seeing much of a discount on the salvage Siennas. They seem to have premium pricing just like standard Siennas.

4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I'd say BC's hypothesis is correct.

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Motion & Bird, LLC should be releasing a statement soon that they will be the country's premier resource for financing salvage title vehicles, featuring 84-96 month payment plans, for model years 1995-2020.

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Minivan? Im gonna make YOU need a rebuilt title, if you knowwhatimean

motion likes this.
  7. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I have a group of friends that buy salvage vehicles and repair to sell. It is a profitable business for them but I can tell you that after seeing what they do you will not see me driving one. When they get one that is beyond repair, and often they do not realize this until they have started reassembly as they are strictly bolt on repair people, no frame machine etc. they just get it as close as they can. If it doesn't sell on the roadside or craigslist after a few weeks they send it to a different auction than where they bought it.

Not my idea of proper repair and I know a few people that do the same thing. They tried selling me a trailer last year as they had what I was looking for. It was a 24' flatbed and it was off 5 inches when measuring corner to corner. They said they repaired it by replacing the axle.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its my roadracing/trackday/skydiving adventuremobile/pu$$ypalace

R Acree likes this.
  9. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

I'm in Illinois and just went through the mechanic lein proceedure to aquire a title for an 2011 WRX that i got from the local tow company. It was abandon in an apartment complex with zero issues other than a dead battery. The mechanic lein proceedure required obtaining a salvage certificate then, after a state inspection, a rebuilt title is issued.

gixer1100, gixxerboy55 and Razr like this.
  10. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Pussy palace? So your wifes car, eh? Lol

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No, it is his, where he sleeps alone.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup: