Absolutely exhaust after riding

Discussion in 'General' started by kris, Aug 1, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

upload_2022-8-1_9-58-53.jpeg

dobr24 and G 97 like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'll be a septagenarian next month...:eek:... Anyways. I cut back on coffee on track days, from 3 to 1 (just to keep the headaches at bay). Bulk up on water all day, starting the evening before. Throw in a couple of potasium pills and a few gatorades during the hot days. Seems to work for me. I have to quit the water about an hour before leaving the track or I'll be stopping at every rest area on rt80 on the way home....getting old sux! :rolleyes: (still beats the alternative)

Steeltoe, jksoft, beac83 and 2 others like this.
  3. kris

kris Well-Known Member

Its not a hot day here in Australia, so its not sweat or hot or loosing too much of anything. My v02 max is 52, not great, but should be fine for a few laps. The bike has just shy of 200hp at the wheels and is 171kg. Its a handful but then it FEELs easy to ride because its very telepathic.

I have recently had all my bloods done and whilst I suffer from low energy (due to haemachromatosis) this isnt energy related - 2-3 laps is just a joke. I get my bloods done ALOT because of the condition I have and its all good, no issues.

I really think its the bike or the way im riding it. In attempt to get some more comfort, we lowered the back of the seat and raised the pegs as my knees were not locking into the tank. Its better now. Im not holding on for dear life either because my hands dont have blisters or anything like this. Its not a particular soreness, its a feeling of just being drained. Sometimes my hands will shake too. Just exhaustion - but maybe not physical, maybe mentally. I cant put my finger on it

Again, I rode a friends ZX10R and found it ALOT easier to ride (stock 2017)

I should note ive been on RSV4s of various specs for 10 years. This one, about a year since it was finished

Heres the pics

Attached Files:

4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Sell the RSV and buy a clapped out SV. I'm surprised no one has already suggested this.

Peter Hively likes this.
  5. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I also have hemochromatosis( inability to process iron)
    How often to you get a phlebotomy?

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

It doesn't need to be hot to sweat. And you don't need to sweat for poor diet to affect performance.

Shaking and fatigue can be a symptom of poor nerve performance. This can be caused by poor diet and improper fueling. I highly recommend you start using some athletic drink mix - something in the range of 100Cal & 400mg sodium per serving. Use that instead of water or Gatorade to prevent any feeling of thirst, maybe 0.5L ever hour. I bet you'll feel better.

I'm not sure that blood tests matter for any of this. Blood tests are performed after fasting so that your diet doesn't impact the results. I'd never do a trackday fasted because I'd be exhausted. Hint hint.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Assuming everything else is in order, when I first started doing non-sprint races and I was getting winded towards the end......I started doing more cardio away from the track. A bit of training to get my baseline output up a bit more and all was well.

Not sure if that's the boat you are in, but that's what worked for me.

8. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Simple question, complex answer - Motorcycles on track are a sport and your fitness is broken into 3 categories:

- Your technique
    - Mental fitness
    - Physical fitness

Anyone of these have a major impact on how tired you can be after a session. Before any true answer is given, you need to be evaluated, but we can start with a simple question, where is your HR during a session?

Ken

Steeltoe and Michael Hausknecht like this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Ah, I've see pics of that bike before on Aprilia forum and youtube. It's indeed a bad mother!

Shame you are down under. You could let me ride it a few laps and I could tell you if it's the bike..... ;)

10. kris

kris Well-Known Member

Next time im out, ill use my garmin watch and get a reading on the heart.

re: venesection, I get them every 4 months.

Any recommendations on this sodium/calorie drink?

Thanks Nemesis :)

Thanks for the replies thus far, appreciated!

pfhenry likes this.
  11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

liquid IV
    nunn tablets
    skratch
    GU hydration

I would check with local bicycle shops for sampler packs so you dont have to commit to a whole package of product you dont like.

G 97 likes this.
  12. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I'm partial to Tailwind Endurnce Fuel but the brands suggested by @TurboBlew are very good as well. https://tailwindnutrition.com/collections/endurance-fuel. Monitoring/recording your heart rate while riding should reveal whether you are highly stressed, physically and/or mentally, while riding. If you are, that would explain your exhaustion. You'll then need to figure out what you can do to lower your stress level.

13. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

You sir suck! Such a beautiful machine and only one pic? We need MOAR!

On a serious note, my cousin suffers greatly from hemochromatosis. It runs in our family and fortunately I am unaffected. The symptoms vary widely and can compound other health or genetic issues that may be present. Do you have anyone in your family line with autoimmune disease? Diabetes? I am inclined to think that the hemochromatosis is your smoking gun so to say. As you age with that disease it can manifest in many different ways. I would recommend trying to have a phlebotomy once a month and see if that improves your fatigue issues. Lab work is only one part of the story and it doesn't always reflect what you feel. As said above, proper diet is crucial as well. If you haven't already I highly recommend speaking with a nutritionist that is familiar with hemochromatosis and its treatments.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I use these. Just put one pouch into one bottle water. Inexpensive and readily available plus good flavors and good taste. ACB4140A-B6FA-4C69-82CC-C50F1A1CB68B.jpeg

15. kris

kris Well-Known Member

Plenty of pics on instagram, dastrix80

Will check my HR out and look at hydration and see if theres any difference there.

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I was coming back from a snowboard trip in Jackson Hole Wyoming and they scanned me(2012)
    They thought i had drugs in the back of my jacket. xray from all the iron in my kidneys.

I showed them the underside of my jacket...
    They were not ok with that...

"Take the jacket"

"I am going to see this image"... hemochromatosis this... yadda yadda.. imiaging better that doctor's

I see the image... not looking good.

"THANK YOU" "I WISH MY DOCTOR WAS LIKE THIS"

Then they say... ohh yea ur water bottle is suspect.(just bought the 16 oz mo fo)

17. kris

kris Well-Known Member

Youre saying you set off a metal detector because you were so full of iron? Hmm!

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

16oz of water. Teaspoon of iodized table salt. Tablespoon +/- of honey and a squeeze of lemon.

19. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Just a call back on the coffee discussion earlier in the thread. I personally drink about 6-8 cups of coffee a day. I start at 4:45am and I drink it non stop until about 11:30am.. For years I couldn't understand why I was getting horrible arm pump and numb hands at the track. Then one weekend the concession stand was closed and I didn't bring stuff to make coffee. So I just didn't drink any.. I went the whole day without arm pump and hand issues. Next time I was at the track, I had coffee and arm pump came back. Next day I decided not to have any, no arm pump..

Now I try not to have coffee at the track, or if I do its a very small amount.

20. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I find that Pedialyte SPORT works good for hydration. Going to try the water, salt and honey routine next time, too.