Buying a new bike in 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, May 6, 2022.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Having dirty thoughts about a Kawi H2 SX SE to replace my 08 Concours 14. Local to me (an hour drive) has a 2021 new model in stock. MSRP is a bit nutty @25K.

Can anyone in the industry comment if there is any room for negotiation in today's market? Hopefully, there is some room to wiggle for a higher end bike, or is it all the same in today's market?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

If it's a 2021 and not sold already in today's environment....makes me think you have some wiggle room.

418 likes this.
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if they'll deal much if new inventory is still low- I'd be happy to get it out the door under MSRP. Not what I would spend $25K on, but go for it if makes your balls twitch...ya only live once.

tempestm likes this.
  4. backho

backho Well-Known Member

Couple of weeks ago I ordered a 2022 Yamaha MT10. Not sure when it’s due to arrive. Gave the dealer a $500 deposit and didn’t dare ask if there was any wiggle room in the price.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Why not? Worst they can say is no.

418 likes this.
  6. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Most likely not, but like others said, give it a try.

Awesome bike BTW, I have one. Stock zx10r header and tune, and she puts down 232hp at the wheel. And it's super comfy and smooth doing it.

7. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

How hard was the dyno operator leaning on the correction factor lever that day?

Steeltoe and ToofPic like this.
  9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

ducnut and Scott S. like this.
  10. kman0066

Haha. The bike is setup to run at about 20% throttle max (throttle by wire) at high RPMs and timing is pulled back a lot, to limit to the stock 200hp. Just opening the throttle all the way in the ECU brings it up close to 200 at the wheel, correcting the timing helps a ton, and the unrestricted header gets that last 5-10hp. It's a supercharged 1000cc engine, it's not that crazy. It's got more in it too, but with the cast pistons on the SX, can't be too aggressive with the tune. Maybe with an intercooler setup, could be safe to go a little more.

Go take a look at what the regular H2 (non-SX models) can do with stock forged Pistons, a better cam, and head :) They run a lower compression, but more boost.

418 likes this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, H2 based, ok, ignore my misplaced snark, my bad.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kinda torks? 115ish?
    A stock zx10 header is super nice & light but has a tendancy to crack at the D shaped merger areas.

13. kman0066

Makes sense, I'll keep an eye on it. At $75 for a nice light header off eBay, it was worth a shot, and worked out pretty well :)

I think torque was around 105 at peak. It's been a few years since then, but I believe that was it. It climbs power all the way to redline, definitely could use more revs if engine was built. On the other hand, it's more than enough as it is.

14. backho

backho Well-Known Member

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I need that engine in my Victory lol