1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Taylor Hawkins of the foofighters

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Mar 25, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Died today in Columbia while on tour:(

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A shit day, shit week just got worse. :(

noles19 likes this.
  3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

just saw that. only 50...gone far too soon.

noles19 likes this.
  4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Fuck, that’s terrible. Always seemed like a genuine good guy, great drummer too. RIP

noles19 likes this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Saw them a couple years ago up close and just loved his style and enthusiasm. Way too young to go.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've seen them 3 time's and wanted to go again in may, by far the best concerts I've been to.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Damn. RIP

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

RIP Taylor

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I listened to Sunny Day Real Estate for decades, heard them on a road trip and bought the CDs. I only recently found out that he and another member are in Foo Fighters...

In case any of you don’t know SDRE it’s good music.

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Foo Fighters' first drummer was in SDRE, not Hawkins. Hawkins replaced him.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood. Outside of the article I read naming SDRE as a former band of some of FF that was the first I’d ever heard anyone mention them... it was a Daytona trip where I heard them on a college radio station... I still like that CD over 20 years later. Was actually listening to it yesterday.

You familiar with their music?

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP...Foo guy.

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Cool guy and so enthusiastic.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Worked for the band back in the 00s. Some real dudes. Rip

Was talking to a buddy who toured w them recently. They were in rehearsal timing a massive automation rig with a song.

After the fourth or fifth time trying to get the timing right Dave cut the whole set piece. "We're not that kind of band"

Fking legends.

Blammo, rd400racer and noles19 like this.
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Damn.

FF are what U2 could have been if any of them knew how to play their instruments.

27 likes this.
  16. Patent1

Patent1 Well-Known Member

Didn't know their music, but saw a youtube video of (I believe) Taylor introducing an 11 year old girl drummer to jam with them at the end of a concert. Really nice for him to do that, girl rocked the place. just search Hawkings introducing Nandi girl drummer -should work.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Damn….just damn. What a shame. He seemed like a nice guy who loved his family, his band mates, and his gig.

R. I. P. Taylor…

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

RIP

Never been a Foo Fighters fan (or hater), but that video is awesome. So much energy in one place.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

To be as respectful as possible in this thread...

what was the cause of death?

Myocarditis? Or other sudden health issue?

Making normal partying rocker assumptions don’t fit this demographic and hopefully not self inflicted like the other recent tragedies of others his age.