1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on West Florida

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The wife and I (and 3 kids) currently live in a suburb of Baton Rouge. The schools we have here are great, but BR and NOLA crime is creeping in. It's not dire yet, but ultimately we want to get our kids out.

I've been looking online in West Florida. Seems there are some good school systems, and land North of I-10 seems reasonably priced. There is an area called Buffalo Ridge we saw, which looks nice and has some (for florida) elevation to it.

We like Fairhope area in AL, but land isn't reasonable and I still tend to think of LA/AL/MS all the same dysfunctional mess.

2. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I always think of West Florida as Naples or Tampa

Montoya, TurboBlew and black knight like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

West coast. As for west Florida drop a pm to @Robby-Bobby...no wait...

5axis, motoracer1100 and pickled egg like this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Do you really wanna be close to that guy?

I'm only posting cause he can't respond, or at least I hope he can't. Vive Le France, and all :flag:

5. Dragginass

Maybe that's how that area is referred to. But for someone who lives West of Florida, I call the area by Alabama/Emerald Coast west Florida, lol. No matter, I'm talking about the area North of Perdido to North of Destin.....

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

It's known as florabama

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Fixelated. And its awesome.

Best place to see Florida Man's redneck cousin *really* do some $hit.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Dragginass

I don't want to be anywhere near Floribama......I love the beach(and would visit often), but I'm talking areas north of I-10.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah... he must be talking "panhandle" :)

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I guess technically, that is West FL. My brain always defaults to west coast.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

aka the Redneck Riviera

notbostrom likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Homosassa/Crystal River area for me … great fishing , Kayaking and both Ozello and Ft. Island Trails are great Sportbike race tracks … :flag::D

13. notbostrom

First rule of north of I-10 is we don't talk about north of I-10. That is considered south Georgia

motoracer1100 and TurboBlew like this.
  14. Dragginass

That's fine, school me on Florgia:D

Being honest, where i have been looking it looks like Georgia, too.

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/28134a67

15. notbostrom

I think the biggest problem you'll have is so few people live there no one has much info. It's mostly loners and migrant workers

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Go anywhere you want in Florida and don't worry about the schools.... All residents can put their kids in Florida Virtual School....

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that's WAY up there .. didn't think that's what ya meant by "west Florida" .
    im' in Tampa, and thought that's the general area ya meant. lol..

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

19. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I live in NE Pensacola right by I10 & absolutely love it. I moved there 8 years ago, I don’t have kids so not familiar with the school systems but I hear they are very good. I don’t go out on the beach much but I love going down to the beach for the food. There’s always something to do from downtown activities, nightlife to the beaches, tubing the rivers to a big cycling community.

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of those boat only access properties in this area … but that brings with it other issues .. such as where you can park you vehicles and boat trailer, safely. Where do you store your motorcycles, just going shopping turns into an ordeal .. I’m happy with my normal land base 5 acre jungle lot , 1mile from the Crystal River and 3 miles to the closest boat ramp ..