1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR Triggers

Discussion in 'General' started by lizard84, Nov 26, 2021.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’ve had a CMMG’ pistol (10mm) and did a build on PSA lower with an Andro arms upper pistol (300 blackout) but I never gave any focus to the trigger, they were both Mil-spec.

Ultimately both of those were fun shooters and accurate for what they were. After the new car smell past they were basically useless beyond eating ammo, end of days scenarios and wanna-be points IMO.

So, to my point, I’m putting the parts together to do an AR .308, anybody have opinions on triggers, single stage, two stage, brands?

The build will be rifle length and will see mostly range work out to 600 yards with some hunting use.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Larue!

It was my first foray into improved triggers without the cost of some of the Uber expensive triggers. That led me into Apex triggers for pistols with their how to install videos.

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  3. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of 2 stage triggers, I even have them in my custom bolt guns. With that said I really like Geissele. I have their G2S, SSA,SSA-E and Super 700 is all that I run. I had the DMR when they first came out and it started acting up and Geissele couldn't fix it so that's when I stepped into the SSA world.

DaveB likes this.
  4. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Fan of the Geissele here are well. Have the SSA and G2S. They have a full range from normal to match style triggers so you can find what you want.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  5. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  6. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

pretty much have the same geissele triggers listed above. I've used them and velocity for last few years and won't run anything else.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Geissele is the king it seems, if you want to spend a ton. My drop in CMC is fantastic in my long range AR-10. 2lb takeup, 2lb break. I have Rise single stage in most of my other ARs. They're not near as expensive, but work pretty well with a 3.5 break. I have a sionics in one as it came as a whole package with their high end BCG. 2 stage with around a 3lb break. It's acceptable. The CMC is easily the best, but it also cost 200 bucks, though I didn't get it on any specials. That special running today from Geissele is damn tempting... but I don't NEED another trigger. *sigh*

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Geissele for the win. Have a couple of theirs and love them.

Also have a BCM single stage in one of mine and really like it as well and I think those are a little more budget friendly if that’s a concern.

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I'm consistently amazed how nice the plastic trigger groups from the cheap all plastic lowers shoot every time I use one.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have a Larue MBT-2S in my AR-15, and like it quite a lot. Geissele would be my next try.

Philip Mirgliotta likes this.
  11. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Timney triggers.

GixxerBlade and socalrider like this.
  12. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

The larue and G SSA-E are all I run. I own both. I give a very slight edge to the SSA-E.

13. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

LaRue over the G

14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Elftmann

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I use drop ins. Timney , rise and CMC. From $280 to $80 and they all work perfect. I have fired guns with all the above triggers mentioned. They are all good also.
    First accessory for all my ARs is a trigger then a break or can then a barrel if necessary.

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

5axis likes this.
  17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but Kevin B (Q) is a raging asshole ego maniac dickhead scumbag. He unquestionably has changed the course of the firearms world through starting AAC. I gave him a bunch of $$$ back then, never again though..

Quicktoy likes this.
  20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

A buddy of mine recently talked me into a Geissele and I was pretty surprised at how much better it was over the stock trigger in terms of positive feel and reset travel, even to a hobbyist like me.

Quicktoy and code3ryder like this.