1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barn Doors or Ramp for an Enclosed Trailer?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 647, Nov 19, 2021.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

That's sad. So you have to haul and store a ramp. Ramp door stows itself. Won't get left behind at home or at the track either. A skinny ladder ramp with slats just doesn't compare to the wide ramp door, imo.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  2. DmanSlam

My one trailer is a low-rider, so it fits nicely in a garage.

@647 - your answer might be found right here on the beeb --> http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/fitting-trailer-into-garage.294262/

6x10 is too small. Recommend a 6x12 minimum. Always get larger than you "think" you need.

3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I guess. It hangs on the back door of the trailer, lives in the trailer, weighs 10lbs and I can easily load the bike up alone. There’s definitely worse things to deal with. If I had to buy a trailer that was 8’ shorter so I could load it using the back door, that would be sad.

4. DmanSlam

Very true. What size trailer do you have? Someone on here told me to buy more than what I need. Trailer #2 was a lesson-learned from the first one.

5. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

It was 7x18 with a 3’ V nose. Lots of space, had a tip out canvas bed so I didn’t have to move anything to sleep but it was also great because you slept outside the trailer and on hot nights you could catch a nice breeze and sleep comfortably. With the race bike, pit bike, and all my gear/tools, I still had room for a cot. The wife and kids stole the real bed.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Trailer size can be dictated by parking, ingress and egress issues. Getting my 6x12 trailer turned and up my driveway is hard enough with my SUV, so no real way to to larger. When my friend towed it with his F350, we just disconnected the trailer on the street and hooked my SUV up to get it up the driveway. He would have been on the curb and grass of the house across the street getting the trailer into my driveway. He was almost into the curb just getting the truck backed up the driveway without a trailer attached. Welcome to close in suburb life.

7. DmanSlam

That sucks too. :)

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I do not miss those issues in the NE.
    My father cant even stage his camper where he resides.
    The neighbors were raising hell about his trailer hitch ball because someone bumped their knee on it and it takes 7" of extra space when parking on the street :rolleyes:

9. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I firmly believe that when not towing, you should remove the ball. Not for the sake of pedestrians, I couldn't care less about that group, but because of the damage it does in what would otherwise be a scratched bumper. Same with front plates, the only people that like them are the ones that own body shops. Instead of a bumper to bumper love tap, you end up with 4 nicely spaced perforations because of the bolts holding the front plate on. Both are great for higher insurance rates.