1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living with carbon fiber wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

While you're around update us on your wheel issue and how you did at Daytona

2. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

tossed the wheel and picked up another set on my way back home. used my "practice" wheel all weekend to get by. already cleaned them up and installed new bearings. used the tap and die to clean up years of street riding and surface rust on the sprocket carrier.

3. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

There are now 8 threads on this topic dating back to 2004,almost as old as one of my (2003) 2 sets of BST's.;)

baconologist likes this.
  4. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Are they Duranni?

zx250r and evakat like this.
  5. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I cracked MTB front carbon rim but also at that time rode the piss outta my bike.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

He asked : living with - not : riding the crap out of

motion likes this.
  7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Plasti Dip. Let's you change up the look if the Desmo if you get tired of looking at it.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, living with anyone requires compromise, respect, and a shared vision for a future goal. Have you considered couples counseling to see what is at the root of your communications issues with the carbon fiber? Perhaps one or both of you have unaddressed traumas that are being triggered that is creating conflict and animosity in your relationship.

Sometimes a little time apart to reflect on what makes you YOU, and a reassessment of what your needs are in your relationship with the carbon fiber can be edifying.

Whatever the outcome, understand that remaining true to your core self is of paramount concern. Any resentment you may feel towards the carbon fiber will only fester and grow if you deny your true self in any attempts to salvage a relationship.

You both deserve to be happy. Good luck to you.

BigBird, SuddenBraking and motion like this.
  9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Tire changes aren't a big deal, as long as the person doing them knows how to do normal changes with technique, not brute strength. The drop centers on carbon wheels tend to be deeper than stock wheels. That lets you get the tension off the arm and wheel when you get to the part where the tire gets tight.

motion, rcmike917 and tl1098 like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

They are badass! At least they are badass sitting on the dining table.

wheels.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Aren’t CF wheels on Royal Enfields a bit much ... :D

motion likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

R.I.P.

zx250r and Ducati89 like this.
  13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

motion likes this.
  14. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

They are beautiful. I just hope the guy changing tires understands what he is dealing with.

motion likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2k for a CF wheel?? :eek:

16. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

They're like boats,ya gotta buy 'em used.:beer:

motion likes this.
  17. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Good to know. This thread is right on time, I have carbon wheels on my s1000rr and will be changing tires myself. Cheers

Mike

motion likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone have a feeling between BST vs Rotobox? I have to buy a new set for the Desmo in the spring, unless they are 50% off for Black Friday. Both are about the same $3500 per set.

19. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

What's the set of rotobox on your table for?I thought they came with the desmo.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Call Freddy at superbike unlimited and ask him, if it's carbon fiber fancy stuff he knows what's best