Paging CBR 600RR Racers.......

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe G, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Joe G

Joe G Out to Pasture

I am Looking to put a 600RR Racebike together and would like to get some insight from those who race them already.

please E-MAIL or PM me ...

Thanks,

Joe

2. MD-11

MD-11 Well-Known Member

What would you like to know? :D

3. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

what do you want to know

4. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

about your 600rr

just shoot me your questions.................

5. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

guess he wasnt to serious .......
    good hint for ya joe g ask your questions cause no one is gonna just type and hit random thoughts. if you dont have the effort of asking your specific questions

6. Joe G

Joe G Out to Pasture

Oh,
    I've been getting a few good ideas through Pm's .....
    Didn't mean to leave you out ... :D

Thanks,

Joe

7. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

600rr's

i have a couple of ?'s

i plan on getting an RR myself. talking to some of the others liked the f4i a little better. i would guess that it's a new bike and need s a little riding to get used to.

do you guys recomend the bike?

alot of guys told me to by an r6 if i want to be competitive.

what do you guys think?

i have an f4i now and i like it alot, i feel that i am down a little on power on the big tracks.

any gearing suggestions you would like to share would be appreciated.

just any comments on the 600rr would be cool.

bottom line are you happy with the bike!!!

thanks

tony
    :beer:

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hmmmm. None of the ideas I've ever seen come out of PMS has been what I'd call good...

9. Joe G

Joe G Out to Pasture

10. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

My best recommendation? Get a Kaw.

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The first thing I did was put race tech springs and valves in the forks. The come stock set up for a 170 ish lb rider. I haven't been that skiiny since the 3rd grade. Best money I have spent on the bike. Hope this helps.

12. rockinchili

rockinchili Well-Known Member

I just started racing this year. Mine's completely stock (slip-on and rearsets only), and it does everything for me. I barely knew how to shift before this year and it's already got me into the 39s at Barber. No suspension, no brakes, no nothin.

I'm sure someone wants to kill this, but I'm just telling you what I know (which isn't much). I've never ridden an R6, GSXR600, or a 6RR, but like I said, this bike rides itself. I love it.

Oh yeah, this is asking to get thread jacked, but just take the bank angle sensor out and be done with it. You're not going to blow the motor. Ever. Period. Just take it out.

13. MD-11

MD-11 Well-Known Member

i left the tip switch on so far it hasn't caused me any problems. (motor rebuilds are expensive)

14. YSRkid70NC

YSRkid70NC Banned

Then he'd really be down on power:D

15. tony715

going to buy a honda. may wait til'`next season. parts should be available by then also.

the honda just feels like it is a better bike. suzuki and yamaha have a clunky gearbox (in my opinion). though i have never ridden the kaw. maybe i should give that a go. i had a friend lose a motor right in front of me at beaverun. everyonie told him that was the price you pay for power? didn't really get that but...

stay tuned i'll let you guys know. maybe they will come out with another gay color to match that electric blue. i like the black with silver wing.

you guys have an exhaust you prefer? i really like the yosh i put on my 900rr. i put an erion full on my f4i and think it sounds great but i am a little pissed that i didn't get any power out of it. i put a yosh slip on on the 900rr and dynoed that pig with 128hp.

tony

16. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

If this is your first season of racing then just leave it stock. Buy a set of plastics, a steering damper, a couple of rear sprockets, and some Pirelli Diablo Corsas and you're set.

As you get faster upgrade the tires to Super Corsas, and get someone to help you set up the suspension.

The stock suspension is pretty good, but if you have money to burn get the suspension done.

Upgrade the brake pads after a race or two.

Last thing on the list is exhaust and power commander. Some guys are getting 115hp at the rear with an Akro and PC.

This bike is well-built, and handles like a missle. It might be a little heavier than the other bikes, but more than makes up for it in handling and power.

I think if some of the Suzuki and Yamaha riders would take the 600RR out for a couple of sessions they wouldn't rag on it. so much. Contigency might not be that strong, but it is a great bike.

:D :D :D

17. tony715

cool!!

my mind is made up for sure...

thanks

tony

18. rockinchili

rockinchili Well-Known Member

Ditto, leaving it pretty much stock is the way to go, but after you hear a 600rr (at speed on a track) with a Jardine, you'll buy one. Maybe you can get more power out of a variety of other cans, but I don't think anyone who's heard one will argue that they make an RR sound like an F1 car.

I have one and I love it. The only problem is that you'll have to match someone else's headers to it (Jardine doesn't make headers for an RR). Mine mated to a set of Akropovic just fine.

Don't remap the bike. Power commanders are horrible things.

19. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member