Rossi to call it quits after 2021 season.

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Aug 5, 2021.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Helmet or foil?

2. redphu

redphu Well-Known Member

That does it. I’m gonna quit riding. Everything up for sale. [emoji80]. A home that will never be filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

For me Rossi was first to sling it sideways with no concern for his health and or safety and with reckless abandon and did set the bar for others to follow . The best on a hyper horse power GP

Pixelator likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Seriously...
    Crack is wack kids.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You didn't see Garry McCoy? Same era.

stk0308, mike574, vfrket and 4 others like this.
  6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

download (1).jpeg

Pixelator and the relic room like this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Is that, like, mercy, pls stop the pain mercy? Like he's finally tapping out?

8. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I gotta admit that his name doesn't ring a bell but I will check him out and if you liked him I am sure I will also . Cheers

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Rossi's tires barely get out of line compared to McCoy. He was super entertaining to watch, won his share of races and rode that 500 like everyone said you shouldn't ride it. Definitely look him up.

10. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Show us on the doll where Val( goat to you) hurt you kind sir.
    download (2).jpeg

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

mike574 and henry_carlson like this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Was always glad to see him get drives through the years and sports cars is a place that can be good to people for a long time. Excellent retirement plan.

BigBird likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

15. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

For me, Vale’s retirement hits home as a passage of time. It’s a reminder that my youth has past on to adulthood.

BigBird likes this.
  16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

IMG_20210805_214036.jpg IMG_20210805_213924.jpg

LAST KING OF 2 STROKES...AND JUST LOOK AT UT...A GAME CHANGER.
    THE ONLY REASON I GOT BACK INTO FOLLOWING RACING...PERIOD BAR NONE.
    I WATCH THEM ALL AND NO RACES WITH SO MANY PEOPLE AND SO MANY RIVALS WERE SO EXCITING TO WATCH IT'S A MIC DROP. I WON'T EVEN FOLLOW IT IF HE'S NOT AROUND MAYBE CASUALLY TIME MARCHES ON BUT FUCK WHAT I RUN THIS WAS THE ABSOLUTE UNEQUIVOCAL AMBASSADOR OF THE SPORT HE SAVED IT IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM IT WOULD BE A SHADOW OF ITS FORMER SELF

BigBird likes this.
  17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Danilo Petrucci paying his respects on FB
    231111447_390200925801940_6714790772501733254_n.jpg

18. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

It's certainly time at 42, but I love that he stuck with it until there wasn't an ounce of a chance left. I remember a few years ago he said that the champs retire too early and always come back, like Michael Schumacher. He said he'd rather just hang around instead of coming back and that's exactly what he did.

Next stop, Le Mans!

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Do you have any relatives named Broome?

motoracer1100 and Phl218 like this.
  20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

He will definitely leave a void. It is kind of amazing to me that so few can see past his lackluster results in his later years to what he was in his prime. Not "a cheater with special tires", but a rider who loved to ride anything with two wheels. He defined what a modern rider at that level is today. The way he celebrated, the way he challenged himself, the way he seemed to be having fun while others around him were crushed under the pressure. An amazing talent.

Coincidentally. his first year as a full-time GP rider was the same year I took my first trip overseas and saw my first (2) GP races. I'd like to say I remember seeing him, but I was focused on seeing my heroes at the time. But, I do remember his name being bantered about as a rookie 125 rider. Who'd a thunk it would end up as it did?

Amazing on a 125, amazing on a 250, amazing on a 500, amazing on a MotoGP bike. And to contribute so much to the sport he loved. Look at the current riders on the grid(s) and how many are attendees of his academy?

I hoped he would find his form again and get some good results to go out. I would have loved to see a podium with a full house crowd one last time, but it is just a dream now.

He will probably still impact the sport in whatever he chooses to do in the future, but I will miss him as a rider, and the joy he got from it. I will still wear my Rossi gear proudly.