1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NHRA Abandons Cradle of Drag Racing, Shifts From Southern California Base

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Jul 30, 2021.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I understand their building in California is much larger than they currently need. The Indiana folks threw money at them to move. The majority of the pro teams are now based in the Indy area. So there's that.

Then there's also what appears to be a mass exodus of performance aftermarket companies out of California. I'd call it a hostile business environment for anything motorsports related, but all I know is what I read.

SGVRider, Quicktoy, scottn and 4 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly thought they had moved to near IRP years ago.

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

From what I read, it’s becoming a hostile business environment for anything business related...

Quicktoy, borislav, BHP41 and 4 others like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhh...that can't be good for business

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Texas is open :)

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Its been moving east for a while now. The midwest is strong in the drag racing world, and so is the southeast. ProLine, arguably the best racing engine builders out there are over in Britt’s neck of the woods in Ball Ground.

Britt likes this.
  8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Are we doing it? Right here? Let’s goooooooooo!

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

but filling up fast. What was a trickle a few years ago seems to be becoming a river.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And dont worry...I have faith in the idtios moving there. They will ruin Texas, GA, TN, IN, etc and all other points in between in a few more decades. Like cancer spreading thru a host...

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

ProLine / FuelTech are about 9mi from me, I pass them on the way to a machine shop I weld for almost weekly..I'll wheel thru their parking lot from time to time, FT has a BadAss AxleDyno..saw MurderNova hooked up to it once..that thing is nasty sounding.

NHRA should have abandon California 30yrs ago.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

If AJPE (Alan Johnson), ever leaves California, its over in that state as far as drag racing goes. ProLine uses AJPEs 481x and Hemi blocks in their builds. They are works of art.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

except the show "BIZ"...lol Some companies are there because of port logistics. Lots of distribution in north CA thru Reno.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Anytime a business leaves Ca or NY I get a little happy. Cause things are being evened out.

I have hope that the people and businesses migrating out remember why they’re leaving and don’t create new quagmires in their new residences.

Quicktoy, Ducti89, 418 and 2 others like this.
  15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

And learning it isn’t the perfect place they were sold. Some taxes are low, but fees on businesses make up for it. I watched my biggest competitor leave Texas almost a decade ago because it was more expensive to manufacture there than it was for my company to do the same work just north of LA. I got to hear my current boss bitch about all the fees and nonsense that we get billed to us every month.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not saying it was smart, cheaper or better but, it is smarter, cheaper and better then Kali. :D

I'll text you some funny shit in a few days about Moving to Kali and then moving out to texas. I don't want to disillusion the dopes that think the gas is greener. :crackup:

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

They did. They all have shops here just, aren’t labeled as a headquarters. Rent/leasing space and labor is crazy cheap. Makes sense.

18. Wife’s company (which a lot of their business is Cali based) moved to Ga. Cali makes it hard to do anything.

19. And PLR is in middle Ga :) AJPE stuff is truly a work of art, no doubt there.

20. Forgot you were right there by them.