looking for fzr1000 carbs

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rcookr11, Jun 7, 2021.

1. rcookr11

rcookr11 Member

anyone have any carbs for sale located in Atlanta GA

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What's your budget?
    Or, what's wrong with the ones you (might) have?

3. rcookr11

rcookr11 Member

The bike sat for 20 years one diaphragm looks pretty bad.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Have you priced replacements, new or otherwise?

I have a set of OEMs ($2K-$2.3K new at today's prices) and a set of Keihin FCRs ($1750 new at today's prices). Neither is, nor will be, for sale cuz someday, somewhere, someone is gonna need those OEM carbs I have in a box waiting to fuel the basketcase engine sitting in another box (could be me) and the FCRs are fuelin' my what-was-to-be a "conservative" Formula USA bike. I paid $1K for the Keihins, new, back in '98. No way would I let either set go for less than $1K+. They're unobtainium as far as I'm concerned, as is most of the important things for 25+ year old bikes.

When I asked what's wrong with your carbs, I had no anticipation of the high cost their issue(s) may present. Diaphragm assemblies are $217 a piece...x4. Might as well get new floatbowl gaskets, $10 each.We're already near $1K and haven't even begun to assess the ancillary stuff. What about the nickel-n-dime o-rings? Corroded jets? Maybe even the carb bodies themselves have corroded! Can you still get manifolds? Surely they've vulcanized if you have a "crispy" diaphragm.

Don't despair. There are a few individuals here with basements full of FZR/YZF parts, rolling chassis and complete bikes...it's all interchangeable. @Mike Kelly is one of 'em...if he still has his hoard and still frequents this forum.

If you can appreciate your bike, it's worth putting it back in running order. If not, it's worth more in pieces than you could sell it for whole. It's either an untapped goldmine waiting for an healthy investment or it's real estate whose only value is subdivision.

FWIW, mine's a '95, too, if your avatar has anything to do with yours. Fantastic bikes.
    And, no...I have no take-off parts <ahem> in undamaged, original condition <ahem> laying around with no intent of ever utilizing them again <ahem> as mine has as complete of a Superbike fitment as possible for this enthusiast. There's still more that can be done but, even if I lucked into it, I have too many other distractions. (I wanted Mike Kelly's collection badly when he put it all up for sale some years ago).

Good luck with your search.

5. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I just looked on eBay for fzr1000 carbs and there are a bunch of NOS parts, just order what you need.

evakat likes this.
  6. rcookr11

rcookr11 Member

I just order another set of diaphragms the first set came from Chine and was 4 MM to small 69MM with needed to be 74MM order another set and will let everyone know if they will work 117 for a set of 4

evakat likes this.
  7. rcookr11

rcookr11 Member

The new ones fit perfectly they were made in Japan thanks all!!!

evakat likes this.