1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 Gen2 race bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by jocko, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

GSXR forks, Brembo 19x20 Fr. M-C, Brembo 4 pad calipers with Yoyodyne caliper blocks and 320mm rotors,GPR steering damper,Woodcraft clip-ons,Motion Pro quick throtttle,Woodcraft Fr brake and clutch lever guards,Aluminum rear subframe, 5.5" Zoran rear wheel conversion, braided brake lines,Brembo rear brake caliper with Robem underslung carrier,520 chain conversion,Woodcraft rearsets,M4 exhaust, Ohlins shock, Engine has 2 or 3 weekends on it after rebuild with V&H ported heads with new valves and Spears HD valve springs, Spears cams w/adjustable cam sprockets, 2mm over Spears pistons, Carrillo rods, Fox lightweight and polished crankshaft, lightweight starter clutch, lightweight rotor, Spears bored throttle bodies, lightweight Shorei battery, spare wheels with rotors (new bearings and fresh powder coat), new starter, Dynojet PCV with autotune and quick shifter. Pics available , I can't seem to upload them because they are too large. Bill of sale only. I bought it a few years ago from a racer in N.H.as a racebike with B.O.S. only.
    $6500 located outside of Atlanta,GA

2. Christian Bigsoldier

Christian Bigsoldier Active Member

Pl)

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

3. htaylor90

htaylor90 Active Member

How's about a picture. Show some proof of life!

4. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

send me your email and I'll be happy to send you some pics. as I stated in the original post, my pics are too large for this website even though i took them on the lowest res on my phone.
    Thanks.

5. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

Resized_20210421_105605_180 2.jpeg

Senna and jpratt847 like this.
  6. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

7. fsualum998

fsualum998 Well-Known Member

PM sent

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You have any dyno sheets on this? Curious on HP on pump or MA fuel, if that is what you ran?

Who rebuilt the motor? Did you have the motor rebuilt, or was it done by the previous owner prior to your purchase? How many races or track days have you run on this bike?

9. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

I do not have dyno sheets on the engine. I will probably try and get Livingood's to dyno it(Brian is very good and has dyno tuned my FZ07), just for FYI., but he's backed up until late July last time I checked.
    I rebuilt the engine. I have been a mechanic for 35 years and i maintain all our race bikes (currently running 1 FZ07 in MA and 1 FZ07 endurance bike as well as the SV).
    The bike has 3 weekends of racing so probably 6 or 8 sprints on it since rebuild.(Daytona,Roebling and Talladega)

10. Boman Forklift

Thank you. I have heard great things about Brian. Based on your knowledge I presume it is making less HP vs the Yamahas since you are still running the Yamahas?

Do you run pump or MR12 on this bike?

Sorry I don’t know your team, but this seems like a very nice build. Are you moving towards Aprilas?

11. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

Brian is arguably the best around. I'm not knocking any other local establishments, but Brian's record speaks for itself and they are very good to deal with.

well, when we were at Daytona, the Suzuki was a bit faster. My nephew races my bikes, but we practiced together (he on the Suzuki, me on the Yamaha) and I could just barely stay in his draft, but if I pulled out of the draft, the Suzuki left me. so i'd say they are close in HP. the Suzuki is much quicker out of the turns, or maybe he is since he's much younger than i....
    I run Sunoco 112 in the Suzuki because it's easier to get than the VP MGP (local race track sells it at the pump). The compression ratio is too high for pump gas but it runs well on the 112.

I was leaning towards an Aprilia, but I decided to wait a year until hopefully they get sorted out. might just switch to a 600cc or 1000 for next year. we'll see how this year goes.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Do you remember the springs you have in this? Since it seems setup for your nephew, I presume he is light, how much does he weigh? Does it come with extra springs front and rear, and extra gearing?

13. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

he weighs about 170lbs. it is set up for him but I dont have any spare springs.
    I do have some extra gearing that will go with the bike.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

BUMP

15. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member