1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'General' started by RonR, Apr 12, 2021.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve had retrax on last 3 trucks. This truck has a much shorter bed so I’m looking for a fold up and take off if need be. Needs to be water tight and secure. One friend has a aluminum one covered with vinyl? but it’s so new there’s not much we know about it. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes aluminum with vinyl covering, mine was bought in 2013 for the f150. It's a Tonno Pro

3. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I have a Tonno Pro as well. It ships fully assembled. Installs quick and easy to remove. I added a few pieced of weather stripping on the bottom of it and it's weather tight in all but the hardest rains or car washes

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I just got a new truck and ordered the Bakflip MX4 for shortbed 350. Says its water tight and has drain channels with tubes. I am having it installed. Total was $981 installed.

No experience to give you on it yet though.

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20210412_180133.jpg Extang Solidfold 2. Hard folding. Strong enough to stand on, and comes off in 3 min. No special hardware to install

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i have a BAK revolver X4, its not 100% water tight but pretty close. it is secure, and its sturdy. installed it myself in about 20 minutes. when its rolled up to the front, i can put my dirt bike in the truck and the tire does not mess with the cover. very secure, hard aluminum slats that lock in when closed. providing you have a locking tailgate, it will keep out anyone who doesnt come with cutting tools.

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Have an Extang tilt-up on the Colorado. I like it enough, but everything has to fit underneath it. Was already installed when I got the truck. Takes a minute to pop off and put up against the wall in the garage. Waterproof enough that I've slept in the back during rainstorms and have been fine.

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Don't they block the rear window when rolled up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Maybe the lower 3rd or lower 1/4. Not remotely enough to bother me

10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I have the Under Cover Armor Flex folding cover. I chose it for the Line X coating on the top side of the cover and I like that it is not designed to ride against the cab if you have to drive with it folded up. I like the cover after a year's use. I had one small issue and expected them to send me a replacement part and instead they sent me a whole new cover. Great customer service.

11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I have a BAK X2 Revolver, it's an absolute piece of junk.

I've been eyeing the Peragon Retractable Tonneau Cover
    https://www.peragon.com/

12. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I have the X2 version and it's a POS. I feel like I wasted $1,000 on it.
    The vinyl part comes off over time.

13. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I have the Tonneau Pro tri-fold. It is a functional, inexpensive option. Easy to take on and off by one person, and secure enough when on. I rarely have it on my truck, as I need the bed without a cover several times a week.

If I was going to have it on everyday, I'd look to get a stiffer, heavier, better looking option.

My opinion.

14. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Check out Weather Tech

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Overpriced I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep buy one that's made in China

17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Shit, I just bought weathertech floor mats and sunshade for my F350. So impressed in fit quality. I have no problem supporting them made in the USA. Was worth every penny I paid for that stuff. Im sure the bed cover would be just as good.