1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corvette coveting

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Mar 20, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The Costco deal is the way to go. That's how I bought mine only at the time they were running them at $999.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can not buy another Lexus until that stupid grille is a thing of the past.

gixxerboy55 and Phl218 like this.
  5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The C3 and C4 gen's were GM mistakes IMO. I say drive one before you buy one.
    I always loved BMW M3's until I started driving them. They just don't do anything for me.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

This ! Before I got the GolfeR, I test drove a F30 M3 because I always wanted one, and was so underwhelmed.

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Actually, most 250s/2500s are a lot closer to 7700 lbs stock....even the CrewCab, 4x4 version. My 2016 F350 4x4, CrewCab Dually with an 8' bed and a 42 gallon aux. tank in the bed, along with a 5ver hitch that weighs in at 175 lb was 95xx lbs on a CAT scale.....so yes, a stock 3/4T truck is a lot closer to 7700 lbs.

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

good info, i think i confused gross with curb weight. i stand corrected.

9. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Same kinda thing, I always wanted a Cayman S, until I drove one. I thought, a Porsche is supposed to be faster than this!
    I ended up getting a 2001 Boxster S with a 3.8 X51 engine out of a 911 in it, sufficiently fast and makes the right sounds. :cool:

Boman Forklift, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  10. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Another C4 fan here. A local guy here in CFL has a reallly nice custom c4 which has an LS2, 6sp, 2013ZL1 suspension, and some updated interior stuff. I fell in love. It’s going up for sale for $40K and if I had the cash I’d buy it immediately. Absolutely love the look, and he’s made it super modern, spent some serious coin. Would totally be a waste of money but let’s face it, can’t take it with you

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I got away from Ford trucks a while back because their gas engines don’t make enough power. But I like the look of the Raptor and the numbers with the V6 turbo sounded doable. Huge let down. I couldn’t get back to the dealer fast enough. Worst test drive ever. Now if they bring back the V8 I might go for another ride.

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

have you driven a generation or two older M3? I hate my wife's F30 chassis compared to the E90 I had before.

BigBird likes this.
  13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

+1
    My buddy has had a couple of the C4 ZR-1's. They are really special in comparison to the base C4 IMO. DOHC 350 instead of pushrod like all other Corvette's.

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I had an opportunity to by one years ago that was mint. Only a couple thousand miles own by a good friend that is over the top on care and cleanliness.
    I just never took to that body style but it was a different kind of cool.

15. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Go drive one.

You’ll probably get over it and change your mind pretty quickly.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

We had a e92 335i, It was meh, but never drove the e92 M3. We also had a F30 335i, no sport package though and that was terrible. Basically a German muscle car. Straight line speed only. The M3 looked amazing but didn't drive as such. It was ok.

The e46 m3 though...wow...what a vehicle especially at the time. If they weren't so expensive and well subframe and well not new.

~sent from mobile

cBJr likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well at least it isn't the new ugly BMW grilles on the M3 and M4....those look like ugly buck teeth to me.
    I had an old E36 M3 which is the 95-99ish edition and I loved driving it soo much, it helped push me towards selling the 930 Turbo I had. Other than staight line speed, the M3 was a better driving car.

Tyler and I went and test drove a 2016 F80 M3 about a month ago and we were very underwhelmed. Then we went and drove a 911 GTS and 4S, both with PDK's, and we were pleasantly surprised how fast it was, and how much we liked the basic 911. We both assumed we would only like driving the GT3 version, but the much more basic car drove amazingly well.

Then he went and drove a used Spyder with a stick and even though it was slower, versus the 911, he actually enjoyed it more because of the mid engine sound/handling and getting to shift gears.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  18. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Some of the newer (20 and 2021) 3/4 ton trucks have raised the GVWR from either 9900 lb or 10,000 lbs, up to 10,800 lbs. If truck weighs about the same as the earlier version, that boosts the payload capacity by about 800 lbs for basically the same truck. That technically takes them out of Class 2 and up to Class 3 vehicles....even though they are still referring to them as "3/4 ton" trucks. Ford also boosted the GVWR on a couple of the SRW 1 ton trucks for 2020 and 2021. They went from 11,500 lbs (GVWR) up to I think...12,400 GVWR. Same thing, payload numbers go up by about the same about vs. a previous year model.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

These new trucks are bigger and better than ever, and getting better fuel mileage.

20. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I dunno if you've ever driven one of these.. But uhh... they suck man... The LT1/4 is such a pile of junk compared to literally ANY gen3/4 engine... I have replaced the water pump and Optispark system on like 3 of these engines when I was in my late teens ( I owned a few LT1 Trans Ams/Z28's) It sucks.. It will also 100% fail on any gen2 LT engine you find.

I drove a few late model C4 cars as well. None of them were verts, but I did drive both an auto and a 6 speed. Auto is boring and useless.. the M6 lets you play a little more on twisty backroads (C4 suspension actually isn't bad, and you can fit some serious rubber on this chassis) The interior is SUPER cruncy/loud/weird 80-90's GM smell.. pop up headlights sound like they're going to break every time you activate them, and the seats are also pretty shit.

Also, the one I drove got its absolute shit kicked in by a late 90's AWD GSX Eclipse with an exhaust, some super early 90's Apexi injector driver, a wideband, and fuel cut defender LMAO (this was 2004 tuning... crazy what we can do now) I think the Eclipse could have done it stock too... The eclipse had better interior and was more fun to drive as well..

IMO go drive one, realize how terrible they are, save your money or get a C5. The WORST C5 is better than the BEST C4. Even the C4 ZR1 if you don't factor in dollar value..

Phl218 and BigBird like this.