So....anyone been vaccinated for covid?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Don't know because I can't know, and neither can anyone else, that's the whole point. Can't predict a future that hasn't happened yet.

Nope, I'll take Pfizer's former Chief Science Officer's advice against taking it ;)

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Says the guy who can't work a calculator :rolleyes:

Here's a tip for you - the two results you copied and pasted should've had a 2 to 1 relationship as the only number that changed was the numerator. Another tip - a billion has 9 zeros, not 13 :p

3. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Since you are close, maybe you can take a trip to hopkins or to univ of maryland and ask people there? (maybe you can get some information from inside the box)
    Unfortunately, different staff are not necessarily interchangeable. There is very specific knowledge and skills. I don't want my painter building my motor, I'm sure they could if needed - but not if your life or someone in your family needs help.

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

The question was, are long term studies needed to approve vaccines for release? Not sure what question you were trying to answer.

I read that article you posted. Not sure what conclusions you're drawing from it, but it doesn't answer my question either.

5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Got my first of two Pfizer vaccines last Monday the 28th. Other than some mild pain at the injection site, no chills, fever or malaise. 2nd injection in 3 weeks +/- 2 days per the information sheet I was given.

joec likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahh, my bad.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/basics/test-approve.html

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

There are some skills that are foundational to all nurses. Taking vital signs and things of that nature.
    That would free up more specialized staff to use their time more effectively.

8. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

No offense, you are speaking without knowledge. (As you already know) A lot of things are easy until you know the details. Please go to an academic center and stop a staff member and ask some questions.

9. StaccatoFan

Why are you double quoting?

No offense taken.

But I’m not without crisis experience. So I have a frame of reference based on experience. I also work in environments where people cannot just be grabbed off the street to help out. Human Resources are also a premium. Specialized skills and high demands. We make it work.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Talking out my ass here but my guess is there are probably huge liability issues with having people who are not certified. Then add potential exposure to a known biogen that risks putting more people out..and working within an iso unit.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

So...no? Long term studies aren't a requirement?

That web site isn't super helpful other than giving a 10,000' summary. The one reference to something long term is this line:
    Since the C19 vaccine went through Phase III, I'm going to assume Phase IV is a long term study that isn't required.

FWIW, I'm also resistant to getting the vaccine, but that's more to do with hubris than anything else.

12. StaccatoFan

Quite a likely possibility. Cannot disagree.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Didn't you start this? What did you think was going to happen?

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

All this talk about efficacy and unknown long-term side effects. We don't even know if the vaccines provide immunity for more than a few months, nor if they will protect from a rapidly evolving virus. It could all be for naught.

baconologist likes this.
  15. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Something has changed with this thread title. I think.

scottn likes this.
  16. joec

joec brace yourself

I approve. Threads gonna get some views now though thats for sure.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

If nothing, it proves if the dungeon ever comes back it'll be like it never missed a day. It is interesting the number of people here who have Supersported their grom though.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You're a fool if you supersported a first model year grom...:D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Covid vaccine

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

C0vid vacc!ne

will do that

I’m thinking someone is bored