1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....anyone been vaccinated for covid?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

My last flu shot was around 25 years ago. For the last 25 years, I have not contracted the flu. I have suffered precisely zero from the annual flu virus.

My wife's last flu shot was around 15 years ago. Each time she gets the flu shot, she's flat on her back for several days. She stopped getting them.

3. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Gotcha. This isn't the flu. It doesn't fill up ICU's and throw that public health curve at anyone needing hospital bed availability either.

The Great One likes this.
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Reduction of anti-bodies after the infection has been dealt with is normal, and doesn't necessarily have any bearing on your long term immunity. That's what your T cells and B cells are for... immune system memory if you will.

Unfortunately, you don't hear any of this.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-b-cells-and-t-cells-explained-141888

Other info available if you google it...

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

We went on a dirt bike riding weekend when I was a kid. There was 13 of us, we camped in a state forest in tents. The event was a marked 100 mile trial ride (VERY awesome) plus we rode the day before all day. The set up outhouses in the state forest for the riders which filled within a couple of hours. So grab the roll and/or shovel if nature called (or hold it until the gas stops). For everyone we had a gallon of water. Most was used for coffee. The person making hamburgers had cleaner hands after making patties. Not a single person got sick.

I am not anti-vax, I am NOT saying don't help protect the high risk people but our immure systems are stronger than people think. The worst thing people do is constantly using hand sanitizer and dousing themselves in chemicals thus never exercising their immune systems. I might kick off tomorrow (folks been predicting it for decades) but I see no reason to cower in fear and call that living. Right now a vaccine is not even an option for me though I find the conversation here interesting if only academic. When the time comes I might get it but who knows. I have only gotten the flu vaccine once and that also was the only day I spent in the hospital since birth. Oh and I did not have the flu but when they asked I said boot me up to whatever as I had a bad respiratory infection and was letting them do whatever they needed to do their jobs (well except implants...)

OldSchlPunk, MikeR and SPL170db like this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Fauci has said a lot of shit that was not true.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This x 100

motion and MikeR like this.
  8. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Let us all bend our knee and bow.....the holier and more knowledgeable then thou have arrived! We are all wrong for not agreeing with the greatness that are of this status.....why the hell have we not fallen in line with what has been deemed to be the "right" choices?! Ok sarcasm off. Sorry. :crackup:

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've said this before, I believe.... after visiting 120+ countries, I have nearly every bug on the planet in my system at this point. I catch bugs from time to time.... 2 days ago being the most recent (after 4 plane flights). I have mild symptoms for perhaps 24 hours, then good as new. My immune system is doing its job. Very thankful to not be a germophobe and sick all the time.

OldSchlPunk, YamahaRick and MikeR like this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I know it's so terrible they barely have time to dance in various hospital locations.

kangasj likes this.
  11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

No reason to turn the sarcasm off. I'm perfectly aware why some people don't want to get the vaccine. I also don't get mad when the people at Subway mess up my sandwich. I am aware of what I'm dealing with.

R1Racer99, SuddenBraking and MikeR like this.
  12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You mean the technology they've been trying to get to work for years and years, and they all of the sudden magically figured it out in a few months?

And, no, its completely different than the flu vaccine.

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Never said it was developed like the flu vaccine. I said the technology used to develop the Covid vaccine has been around a long time. I was simply saying there's hardly any side effects of the flu vaccine yet only 40% of the population even get that. This will be no different.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Really???

BigBird and sdg like this.
  15. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Good on you for taking it the right way!

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Here's the problem... I'm not a doctor or in any way affiliated with the medical field. I could read about it all day long but there are plenty of people who spend their entire lives learning more about the medical realm. I'll never be that and do not intend to try. So chances are I'm not going to completely understand what I'm reading. I won't know if it sounds reasonable or is there are red flags that someone more educated than me would notice. Bottom line. even after reading, I won't even know what I don't know. And I'd prefer not to be a guinea pig for a vaccine that was developed and rushed to market under these circumstances. Same reason I won't buy the first model of a new car or gun until they've been out for at least a year or two and had time to work the kinks out. I usually get an annual flu vaccine. Time alone tells me that the majority of the population handles it just fine. I'll wait until I can say the same about the coof vaccine.

scottn and MikeR like this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

The problem here @Kris87 is that this vaccine is not going to restore our previous way of life. Period.

18. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I can understand the uncertainty. But the trial patients are now 6-9 months along and the evidence is that it's safe. Again, the technology used to develop it wasn't new, and it has proven to have a very high efficacy rate, which again is very promising and should also relieve some of that uncertainty.

The Great One likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's a fair ask I would agree. Can we agree on a couple of things and maybe try to find some common ground then?

1) the technology used (mRNA vaccine) to develop the vaccine has never before been successfully deployed for use on humans (not sure if its been successfully used for animal vaccines). Attempts at mRNA vaccines have been made in the past I think, but they have never worked and thus never deployed. And if I understand the technology used this vaccine would alter the recipient's DNA in order to cause their cells to actually produce the viral spike protein. Rather than a typical vaccine that injects weakened/attenuated virus for your body to detect and build defense against, this "vaccine" modifies your cell's DNA to cause them to produce the viral proteins.

2) this vaccine has gone through a record SHORT length of safety testing for not only a new vaccine, but a completely new category of vaccine (aforementioned mRNA) that has never before been used on humans. I think most here know that the reason vaccines take a long time to come to market is not the creation of the actual vaccine, but the years of safety testing that follow which chews up the large chunks of time in getting them deployed. This vaccine's development began in late spring, and 6 short months later is already being injected into the general population.

3) the vaccine manufacturers have put legal measures in place to shield themselves from any legal litigation that would arise from people being injured by their vaccines.

Would you agree with me on these 3 statements?

Yzasserina, sdg and motion like this.
  20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

So? It sure will make it better than it is right now. No question about that if enough people would actually get the vaccination.

I don't so much worry about getting sick. I worry about what's going on at the hospitals and how that could affect me in a much worse way.

The Great One and SuddenBraking like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.