1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else get charged 8 times in the middle of the night from MotoGP.com?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Dec 15, 2020.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

So I woke up to 304 dollars gone out of my account. Went to my PayPal because that who I have it set up through. They refunded everything a few mins later but the 304 is still out of my account......so now just waiting for the refund to hit. Would suck for someone that is struggle during these times.

ducnut likes this.
  2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Lame.....

Attached Files:

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

All those $38 dollar charges are for the signed VR 46 pictures you ordered last night when you were Drunk :D

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Europeans. :rolleyes:

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Thankfully no

turbulence likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

You only had to press submit once :)

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Thats nothing, you should see what amazon has done to my account the last week or so.

8. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

They take money out of my account every now and then only to return it a few hours later. I figure they're just borrowing it to pay their utilities till they can come up with the money so it's all good.

track wagon likes this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I forgot to say thanks. But thanks for the subscription. :D

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I usually have mine set to autorenew, but my old card expired and I haven't renewed yet. I sent an email inquiring about a better subscription deal , but haven't heard back yet :D. I figure with Tito gone from the grid Dorna could lower the price a bit now.

And Paypal, F them. I tried to reopen my old paypall account yesterday, and couldn't make any headway for hours. I haven't used it in at least 10 years, as the phone connected to my account was my old #, and apparently my Grandmothers maiden name has changed since then also..... Kept locking me out for trying to reset my password. What a hassle, but it's finally done.

BigBird and Trainwreck like this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Your wife seems to not have any problems. :D

BigBird likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

She's the reason I wanted to get my old acct going again, as she won't spend the money lol. I keep sending her ebay shit (golf clubs) to buy with it and she laughs and says NO. Either that or she's just screwing with me, and a bunch of golf clubs are going to show up soon. Never know with her sometimes...I don't know what is more painful dealing with her, or paypal.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s some kind of batch charge job, that’s why it happened at night. Their system probably didn’t receive a response at all from the counterparty, so it reran the transaction until it got a response or hit some kind of try limit. Or the bank blocked it automatically after 8 attempts.

Dorna in particular and Euros in general are years behind the US in online commerce and payments. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the retards didn’t limit their try attempts at all. You’re lucky there weren’t 400 of them. :crackup:

Did they actually refund it? Usually charges that aren’t successful or are dupes aren’t settled and they just fall off the account, they don’t need to issue an actual refund. Will usually take a business day or so, until the next day’s settlement time.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  14. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Think that could be karma ?
    I noticed you have not invited the newly weds over for pasta and grapa ...
    Hope the holidays bring many smiles to those young faces.

track wagon likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I heard MotoGP.com has been outsourcing their billing dept to Dominion Voting systems. :crackup:

tl1098 and jd41 like this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s great software bro. If you buy the wrong product, they can help you buy the right product. If too many people buy the wrong product and you’re about to go out of stock, it features automatic cancellation!

For MotoGP customers in Chicago, Philadelphia, Detroit, Madison, and Atlanta you can also bill dead customers so they can enjoy MotoGP in the afterlife. Also features batch billing in the dead of night when it seems like everyone is done buying and you just don’t have enough subscriptions!

This is true innovation.

tl1098 and mike w like this.
  17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

We need to get together soon!! I will text you!

Also I canceled the auto renew last month. So when I saw it I was shocked. I didn't ever order a new one so it wasn't the hitting the submit button 50 times. Maybe they were mad I canceled the auto renew.... next year I am just going to buy the whole season at the start and not do monthly.

18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Has MotoGP fantasy league started yet? Already missing it.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I killed mine off two weeks ago, I figured they'd run the auto renew without warning, and with extra charges.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think auto renewal this year is in Feb 2021

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy likes this.