Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ugh I almost went Dungeon. I'll just have to settle with "agreed". :D

Dude I lost it :crackup:

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even so I'm not walking around worried about it. I'll take whatever comes my way.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup::bow::bow:

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Athletic scholarships are only offered for one year and have to be renewed each year as it is. Non renewals already occur but just not on the wholesale level like this. They can also enter the transfer portal and see if another U will offer.

Florida Tech became the first school to choose to cut its football program because of the pandemic.
    Bowling Green eliminates baseball.
    Akron eliminated, swimming and golf.

One thing is for sure, if P5 conferences are disallowed to play football this fall more cuts will follow with even some conferences possibly going up in smoke.

NASCAR is back racing.

5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Yeah, but NASCAR's few remaining fans could already stay 6' apart.

scottn likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

They can only gather in groups of 12 teeth or less :).

7. Venom51

So 3/4 of the seats could be full.

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

i reckon so.

9. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

yes, because i know i wake up in sept with "that smell" in the air and say to myself, man i miss Florida Tech football. :) wake me when there is no RTR!

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

In an unrelated note is it just me or does anyone else notice that after Roger Edmondson attempted to adapt professional American motorcycle road racing to look more like NASCAR it killed NASCAR? Perhaps he didn't realize just how effective Mongo's technique for killing road racing is. Death by association.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

p.s. It seems that one of the leading advocates of their policy is no longer as certain as you are. Here is some info on Sweden's coloration. (I had to :) ) Forget the opinions, just look at the comparison to the neighbors. And keep in mind how many Swedes there are to begin with.

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I can't speak for other states, but I can now say for certain Louisiana is lying about their numbers. My poor grandma, 95 years old, recently passed away. She was under hospice care and went septic a few months ago. Last week her nursing home had blanket testing done, and she tested positive for covid19, but was asymptomatic. When she passed last week, from sepsis, she was counted as a covid fatality and her death certificate says as much. The state will not change it. Such BS.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry about your grandma.

Senna and Dragginass like this.
  15. Venom51

Granny has a 95 year run. That's to be celebrated. R.I.P Granny.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks to lose em but rock on granny for making it that far.

SundaySocial, cav115 and Dragginass like this.
  17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Dang I'm sorry to hear that. I actually just had my *great* grandma pass away at 95 two days ago. She's had a bunch of health issues and I'm waiting to see what the listed cause is...

95 is a pretty good run!

18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

She had a hell of a run. Toughest woman I've ever known, and the most selfless. Her death doesn't deserve to be used as a statistic by some bureaucrats, but she wouldn't want us worried about it, so we won't. It just shocks me how brazen they were in falsifying/exaggerating her cause of death.

mpusch, jrsamples and sdg like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

We can both link articles for and against Sweden's approach till our fingers bleed.

I don't care about what other Scandinavian countries numbers are, the location is irrelevant. If you look at the world numbers Sweden is still behind Italy, UK and Spain and I'm pretty sure those countries did well to "lock down".

If social distancing worked I would expect Sweden's numbers to vastly outpace everybody else. They don't but the moving of the goal posts continues.

COVID19 is here to stay, there is no "beating" it. Either you can choose to move on with your life and take the risk that we as humans have taken every day of their lives since the beginning of time or cower like a bitch and enclose yourself in your own personal bubble. The choice is yours.

badmoon692008, cav115, scottn and 6 others like this.
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Except we weren’t allowed that choice.

jrsamples and 418 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.