1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Aftermarket Front Brake Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Luke O'Brien, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Luke O'Brien

Luke O'Brien Active Member

Local club is allowing aftermarket master cylinders this year in super sport. Would be for an SV, and just looking to see what's out there, as I decide what setup to run this year.

Not a huge budget and open to anything (virtually anything, even another different OEM master, is an upgrade to the OEM SV master).

2. Arioch

Arioch Member

Brembo 19x18 or Brembo 19 RCS.

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I run a Brembo 19x18 with stock SV calipers, it's great. You'll need new lines and a new master banjo though.

I have a mint 2011 GSXR600 master I'll part with if you want to go that route though.

4. Luke O'Brien

Have used one for sale, or is this a recommendation? Either way thanks for the input, always wonder if a brembo mc is just overkill on stock SV calipers.

5. Luke O'Brien

PM me the details on the GSXR MC, I've considered it. Already running stainless lines (2x lines, double banjo bolt at the MC, one to each caliper) I would still need new lines?

6. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

The brembo exits on the bottom, so the upper banjo has to have a 90* on it. You may be able to use some creative routing to get the current lines to work. I just had a custom set made for the Brembo. The Brembo also is a fine thread banjo bolt. I'll PM you in a few.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

8. Luke O'Brien

9. MXjunky

MXjunky I just wanna go FAST!

I ran a stock R6 master and it was more than enough over stock. Do not need a true brembo for an SV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

10. Luke O'Brien

Settled on one, thanks guys.