Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I think that the vid sums it up pretty well, if you are interested.

How's that song go? "Hollow heroes separate as they run..."

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Let me try that again...
    I didn't say anything about Constitutional Rights, I was talking about right and wrong. Our Rights are a given...act criminally and kiss 'em good-bye, for everyone.

Unfortunately, some jackwagons in the Ninth Ward started shooting, acting wrongfully. The government couldn't risk rescuer's lives and those in need of rescuing without clearing the area. The shooting started in the Ninth Ward and a majority of it came from that area...but, go in there without declaring that, henceforth, all weapons will be confiscated and not brush a wide stroke applied to everyone in the effected areas would have incited serious racial unrest.

G 97, this is as far as my rebuttal goes to your conclusion that I, or anyone else, somehow suggested criminal behavior was acceptable. I was initially responding to SpeedyE's post. I see now that I should have ignored motorkas, he seems to wanna jump to conclusions, then communicate disrespectfully.
    If you wanna take it up with anyone, start elsewhere.

motorkas, don't bother talking to me anymore, please.

XFBO likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess my point is, if my neighbor(s) break the law or are engaging in illegal activity the governments/police actions/remedy ceases at my property line. No way I am allowing them to confiscate my guns based on someone else’s illegal behavior.

Murcielago311 and baconologist like this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What was Speedy's point in posting that Katrina incident G97? I'm asking since you might be on the same page with him for using it as an example.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

From how I understand it, how the guard and cops went door to door and illegally conducted search and seizures, specifically with the intent to confiscate guns.

Fencer likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

With some backing from the frogs...

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They did provide money and arms that made a
    big difference, but they had a debt to settle with
    the Brits. And we got Lafayette.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

From my understanding (and my Dept sent a slew of personnel there for several weeks), they were PRIMARILY going in specific homes/buildings specifically looking for the shooters. The shooting incidences were NOT just a few but more frequent and certainly not always reported, it wasn't just police being shot at but also FD, EMS and even news heli's on occasion. Because I was curious, I googled gun seizures and the PD reports it was about 552 firearms and they were seized because they were stolen or found in abandoned homes.

I agree with fastfreddie in that this ain't even close to being the same thing, in all reality, that video had no business being compared to what's happening in Va right now. That incident was a SofE, rescuers and some civilians were being shot at during the rescue efforts....They did what was needed to rescue lives. What they did, is essentially the same thing Boston PD did while looking for the bombers when they had a few blocks locked down searching home after home, iirc, some here had issues with that too. :rolleyes:

IMO, when shit hits the fan like those two examples, sometimes they(LEO's) gotta do what they gotta do.

UNLIKE what's happening in Va....which is essentially attempting to strip away a Constitutional Right from innocent people SIMPLY because it's their flavor of politics and preference.....That's BS.

PS-Lotsa oathkeepers are military and LE personnel, what's happening in Va is VERY interesting indeed.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

But of course. How else would you respond. No LEOs should never do what they gotta do if it violates citizens rights. Its a dangerous mind set. So it’s OK for police to strip away a Constitutional rights under the guise of general safety but not for a State to legislate it. Good one. :crackup:

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

BUT they didn't really join until the small number of colonists had a victory and displayed a backbone and potential to win.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I don't recall stories about it, but if you are saying the cops stole guns from homes because they couldn't find the bomber kids in Boston, then that is pure horseshit and exactly what the Constitution protects against. If they were given free will to force their way through homes looking for the kids then whatever judge allowed that should be hanged.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Riiight ignore all the other details n facts I shared about the Katrina incident, I mean how else will your bad ass lil self justify your FTP personality......so cool :cool:

:rolleyes:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Bad ass lil self. :crackup: Sorry to trigger you.

Of course your objectivity is above reproach.
    It doesn’t matter. What they did was unconstitutional. Keep trying to justify it.
    I love how you try and make a distinction between the two.

Oh and to be clear it’s not a FTP personality-far from it. It’s an F those who think that violating the constitutional rights of the citizens is OK because it fits their agenda.
    You’re own words: “IMO, when shit hits the fan like those two examples, sometimes they(LEO's) gotta do what they gotta do.” (Even when it results on trampling on the rights of citizens)

The only person I see ignoring all the other details is you. Mainly the 2nd Amendment. Anyone with an ounce of objectivity can see just this, so wipe the sand out. :moon:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    jrsamples likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

FYI...

-----------

Martial Law - Definition, Examples, Cases, Processes

Definition of Martial Law
    Noun

1. The imposition of military control over the general population, usually during wartime or in the wake of a natural disaster. (Anyone need the list of authorized actions?)

Origin

1773 in the U.S.
    ---------

Hurricane Katrina: Martial Law - SourceWatch

Hurricane Katrina: Martial Law

Jump to navigationJump to search
    Martial law was not declared in Louisiana in relation to Hurricane Katrina. On August 31, 2005, the Louisiana Attorney General's office clarified "reports in some media that 'martial law' [had] been declared in parts of storm-ravaged southeast Louisiana, saying no such term exists in Louisiana law," the New Orleans Times Picayune reported.
    Also see [1], [2], [3], [4]
    ---------
    You call in the Military, be careful what you ask for... it's no holds barred.
    In view of immediate action being deemed necessary, there's no time for debate. That distinguishes Katrina's “Martial Law”
    from VA's legislation.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

The reality is there shouldn’t even be any debate. The Constitution and citizens rights should not be up for debate regardless.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'd be very curious how many are willing to die (because make no mistake, that's what would happen) in order to protect their guns. We'll never find out (at least in my opinion), but I'm guessing that number is quite low.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve already made my peace with it. So be it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

upload_2019-12-23_20-43-21.png

:crackup::crackup::crackup: You and ryoung distant cousins?

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

For being such a proclaimed bad ass cop, you sure do become over emotional over a lot of little things.
    Your emotional rational is underwhelming.
    Do you need a tissue?
    DD78C6CE-7338-4198-A41A-C08A8CD99ECC.jpeg

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow, you even make shit up, like ryoung.....Impressive! :crackup:

"proclaimed"??? show me.