1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

green #plates??

Discussion in 'General' started by B1, May 3, 2004.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

That's right! At USCRA we've been all over them to have that grass green plate. Trying to get them stadardized (Different displacements have different color plates to distinguish them in multi-class races)

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

In AHRMA grass green w/white numbers is for Vintage Superbike, lwt, mwt & hwt.

3. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

If a Tech Inspector is requiring things over and above the rulebook, tell Mongo about it.

I found them doing just that once, several years ago. I brought it to his attention and he brought it to the attention of the Tech Inspectors. Problem solved and no hard feelings all around.

Personally, I'm quite glad the Tech Inspectors are vigorous in the performance of their job duties. We're all safer as a result of their efforts. That's fine with me.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fluoro is cool but look for the fluoro yellow not green. 6" numbers are cool.

5. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Can we all agree that the color to which we're referring here is chartreuse? I think of it more as a yellow, too, than a green. I've seen number plates with a green background, but grass green, and it was FIM Motocross. I don't think I'd know "fluorescent" green if I saw it. Is it just bright, pastel green?

-Wish

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

Jesus H Christ I just clicked on the "chartreuse" link a couple posts above expecting to see a color pic or something & my usually silent computer screamed the pronunciation of the word at me. I jumped, the guy next to me jumped & half a dozen people came to a dead stop & looked at us like we had just farted in church.

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Weird.