07 GSXR 750 dead spot

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ganja Dude, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

When you got WOT coming out of a turn in any gear the bike has a bad dead spot, it picks up almost immediately and after that goes fine until the next turn. Noticed it mostly coming out of the bus stop at putnam. Any ideas on what could be the cause? Not my bike so I don't know a whole lot about jetting, I do know it has a power commander. I can get more info just have to ask the owner.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's accelerator pump feature in the stock ecu that interferes with the PCIII map. It has to be mapped to compensate and for some reason many tuners don't have a clue how to do it. It's very common with this particular model. I can send you a couple of maps with the adjustment already made. Both are for full exhaust and pump gas. They will at least make it rideable.

3. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks, and it does have the full exhaust and we were running pump gas.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Pm me your email I'll send em.

5. chwolfe

chwolfe Well-Known Member

It varies depending on the rate of throttle opening. Different riders can have different results on the same bike due to riding styles. The maps offered here can help, and you should try them. The real solution is in the ECU, reflash or replace (EM Pro).