1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when items aren’t received?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chase Vieth, Mar 4, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Well, driving down and beating that ass is a sound option if you’re willing to put in the work and risk the pokey.

Was this across state lines? If so, it could be wire fraud. You can file a complaint but it might be too small fry for the Federals to bother.

Best option is call his local Sheriff’s dept or police and make a criminal complaint. It can get results. If he’s known to them you might be surprised how fast they pick his ass up.

Chase Vieth likes this.
  2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Youre at least in the same boat I was; civil. This is a guess but Im confident that if you paid him electroncially from your state than that’s the jurisdiction with civil and criminal pursuits.

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Did this guy used to work at Nomar? His face looks very familiar. Could have sworn I saw him a a couple of motorcycle shows in Chicago with NOMAR.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep

5. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I knew it. Yeah he is pretty slick talking. Think I also raced against him back in the day.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Reminds me of the old line ," you know how I know he's lying? His lips are moving...":crackup:

7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Cat killer???

scottn likes this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You lost me. I was going for thief, cheater, liar = hat trick/3 for 3.

9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Check your Beeb history.

Liar. Thief. Cat Killer.

scottn, TurboBlew and RRP like this.
  10. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Judging by the racing pics he posted on facebook, even his body position is criminal. :)

kangasj, scottn and Chase Vieth like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're too new here, it fits the list :D

RRP likes this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

That makes me feel young for some reason! I'll take it.

My students were just telling me how old, tired and gray I look today. :D

NOTE: Wow - circa 2002. And I always felt like I'd accomplished something assisting in "ignorance being blinding" and of course "kinda superbikey". I am humbled...:D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Phl218 likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Just turn off your hearing aid and you won't hear it again. ;)

RRP likes this.
  14. Chase Vieth

Chase Vieth Active Member

His Phone number is 314.295.5967
    His email is [email protected]
    My detective doug up more info:
    Email: [email protected]
    Works at: Venture Logistics

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Chase Vieth

Chase Vieth Active Member

The Hazelwood Mo police have been informed as well as his HR Dept

Phl218, jasonhise, drop and 2 others like this.
  16. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Chase, as we have been in constant contact throughout this, I took full responsibility for the issues. I assembled a group of parts for you, did not execute the final stages of getting them shipped ontime, and have offered full refund through the paypal claim process. At no point did I have any desire other than to connect you with some parts and lighten my burden of stuff sitting losing value. 100% my fault and 100% a ball dropped on my side of things. Please let me know what else I can do to be sure I dont impede progress with your build in any other way.

At no point did i text you to claim that I had no intention of sending the parts, I simply realized between my delays, your bike being at independent bike shop for repair and the frustration you have already had that the best option would be to refund your money. The email chain from today is listed below, please let me know where I can clarify or help. Ill say I still have this box of parts sitting on my desk and will gladly send you the parts that Im certain wont be of any issue for your mechanic at no charge. I apologize for the hassle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering all of our recent conversations, I just want to follow through with appropriate claims process. You should be able to open a claim and then paypal will ask if I would like to refund, at which point everything will be on record and above board.

Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2019 12:51 PM

So why don’t you just refund my money before PayPal sends you information to collections

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2019, at 10:49 AM, Ben Probst

I am attempting to make it right, you have already stated you are in contact with paypal. Go ahead and complete that claim and I will respond through the appropriate avenues.

BENJAMIN PROBST .

Chase Vieth [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2019 12:48 PM

Just send the shitt or give me my $ back. If it goes to claim ur going to get sent to collections and be in a world of shitt. I’m giving you the opportunityto make it right man. Wrap that shitt up if you have to. There shouldn’t be Anything leaking anyway

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Ben Probst

I just went to deliver the package to the post office, I found the box to have oil in one of the corners and likely something leaking. I am feeling like this is not going the way of being successful and already feel like I have delayed and hurt your progress.

As much as I hate it, I think the best thing to do is to have you file your claim. You are clearly frustrated and that’s fair. The only worse position now is we get half way into this deal with used parts at your mechanics shop, his feedback, your feedback and me stuck halfway less than confident on things resolving.

I don’t want to impede progress any further and don’t want to put either of us in a position of messing with Scotts workload or having further issues. I feel like a jerk as all I had intended to do was help connect you with some parts and experience from racing that bike and have done much the opposite. Let me know.

17. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Sorry you are having to deal with a thief, but it did remind me of a similar situation. This was before the days of credit cards, probably in the 80’s One morning at Roebling Road we were all standing in line to register and by over hearing the conversation in front of me I realized the thief was standing right there with about $150 in his hand. Tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned around I took the cash, explained who I was and where I was pitted. He left early and I never saw him again. Sometimes Karma kicks you right in the nuts thanks for reminding me it’s been a crappy day and I needed that smile

scottn, bullockcm and Chase Vieth like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I swear I'm having déjà vu.

Phl218, Chase Vieth and MachineR1 like this.
  19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Unicorn sighting?

Chase Vieth likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I've only seen a unicorn once. This here is very real. I've seen that apology before, almost word for word.

Chase Vieth likes this.