Trailer wraps

Discussion in 'General' started by puresportsdesigns, Apr 17, 2004.

1. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

We will soon be doing COMPLETE trailer wraps. This is a 4 color process printed on High Performance vinyl with excellent outdoor durability. Large 30" panels make it easy to cover your trailer in no time. ( with a 20' trailer, 8 verticle panels will do one side). If anyone is interested in having their trailer done I will be racing Nationals and North Central this year. I will bring to the track and do the job there.

[​IMG]

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

No joke! I was looking for a place. Seems most are in NC where all the 4 wheel roundy round guys are.

Do you take the screws out a section at a time and then put them back in through the vinyl?

3. puresportsdesigns

for best results, I would take them out and replace through the graphic. We will most likely be printing these on Control tac vinyl, which is very easy to work with. It can be repositioned several times before actually squeeging the graphic down hard. There is a 'rivet brush' available for installing over the screws if you choose to go that way.

4. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

That will be a great project Jerry. But you should have gotten a faster looking model for your trailer! :eek: :p

Seriously, I met an NHRA driver a couple weeks ago, and their semi-trailer was covered this way. It looked like a paint job on the thing.It was very nice. When you have a second, I have a smaller scale job that could use your attention, since you have this process. Please PM me. TIA. :beer:

5. puresportsdesigns

All the other models were too expensive!! I had to settle with what I had. :D

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Man .. with that setup, people are gonna start wanting your autograph. :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm gonna need a price quote..... :D

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Can I do the design? :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah,I can just see it now:rolleyes: :Poke: :p

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

on the side: "WERA: We'll be nicer if you start acting smarter"

Yeah, I wouldn't let Paige touch it either.

:D

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I would be interested in developing trailer graphics, if someone needs help with them.

One of my clients specializes in truck side advertizement for large commercial fleets and I have tons of experience doing trailer designs (done design work for Tropicana, Armstrong, Ringling Bros, Green Giant, GE, Bavaria..etc trailers)

This one just won a first place award.

If someone is in a bind I would be glad to help with design part. (Do not expect to do large graphics on your home PC and Photoshop). These file are true memory hogs. Some of bigger layered Photoshop files can get over a gig and it takes a heavy duty workstation to do any image editing or manipulation.

If someone else is working on a design and has any questions or problems feel free to PM me. I have found a few tricks that can make a project go much faster.

Alex

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  13. hooter31

hooter31 Well-Known Member

how much for a job like the trl. you showed?

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D Yo, check out my new sig.

Seriously, I think we should have the entire WERA trailer blinged to the max. The wheels are already chrome, so why not design a wrap to take it to the max in the bling factor.

15. gypsy99

gypsy99 Well-Known Member

So is this process in the need of a factory budget or is it in the reach of some of us wanna bees.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I think it should be more like:
    "I do not work for WERA, so blow it out your ........."

17. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

A few things to be aware of when doing adhesive wraps:

Installation can only be done in appropriate weather or inside a covered warehouse.

Removal is a hidden cost: for large fleets removal of adhesives can cost hundreds of thousands $. Plan to hold on to your trailer for more than one season.

Hidden variable: to take full advantage of printing quality you need high rezolution photographs. Do not expect a 4x5 photo scanned on your epson scanner to look good when enlarged to big size. HIGH rez digital photogrphy of a good camera or professional drum scanners are a way to go.

That said full covered trailers when done properly look fantastic and get alot of exposure.

18. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

Is that anything like the Subway atkins wrap? Those are good

19. puresportsdesigns

Mongo

can you email me a side photo of your trailer/motorhome? include some info of what you would like (Digital wera logo that I can redraw for digital printing). Also, Photochick has LARGE files ( :D ) that are good for printing. We can put a photo of your favorite racer on the side too.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Good question.

Answer pweeze?