1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on Roombas

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Oct 24, 2018.

1. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

If your house is full of pet hair it will be full in about 15 mins and re-dock. If you don't have pets and you house isn't too dirty then it should be alright.
    It is not ideal to vacuum an entire floor while you are gone. Maybe one section one day and another the next. Just empty it and charge it when you get home.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

My Deebot will clean area rugs on hard wood floors.

I'm in the lazy camp. I don't have pets, so it's mainly to keep the dust from accumulating.

3. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Ours gets up on the rug, I think it is a 880. Might depend on how thick of a rug it is and I'm sure fringe is a problem.
    I think they list the thickness of what it can get over.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Ours does rugs no problem, there are 4 on the floor it patrols. If you run it every day it doesn't fill up super fast but if it's just once a week.... Yeah it's full in about 30 mins.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Now I would buy one of those to do the vacuuming. :)

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’d LOVE to have one, but my dachshunds think potty training is a funny joke. It would smear pee and poop all over the house within the first two hours.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I would buy one too. It would NEVER get any vacuuming done.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

All I can see is to be careful if you have pets. A friend of mine had his dog poop in the house, the roomba ran over it and spread all over the house.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Wait....aint vacuums for carpet? Isn't the only carpet in your house on your stairs? Ain't no Gahdamn robot gonna do that. I'm confused.

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

The robots don’t compare to a good vacuum.
    I just bought myself a refurbed Dyson - that thing sucks so good. I vacuum once a week without pets and the thing was full the first time I used it on Sunday. I don’t know why I didn’t buy one before.

Anyways, y’all see that new Honda CBR Fireblade? Damn I want that.

Steeltoe and K51000 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How often do you have to empty the collection bin? I can fill a full size vacuum with our first floor alone in one shot.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

About every other day for us. We only run it Monday thru Friday while we are at work. While it does not collect all of the dog hair it grabs a good majority of it. They are not an alternative to a vacuum, just a weekday assistant.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

It will once

14. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

I have a Roomba 980 and I can tell you that thing vacuums as well as a full size. It transitions from carpet to hardwood to area rugs with ease. It powers up when it gets on carpets or rugs and pulls up a ton of dust and dirt, then powers down when it gets back onto hardwoods. Never have issues with cables or cords. The new I7 model allows you to control which rooms it vacuums.

15. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

We got one of the cheaper Roomba’s via Amazon Prime days deal as the wife has wanted one for a while

No pets, we tend to run it more than we would vacuum normally and I’m surprised how much dust and stuff it picks up
    We do a different room every couple of days, I doubt if we save any money but the house seems cleaner

Ours seems to love getting stuck behind the sofa, or if you leave a door open it will escape off somewhere else

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yes to Dyson. Had mine for years.

What's this other nonsense you're babbling about?

17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

When my wife wanted darker finished floors, I said it will show all the dust that carpets hide. She said No Prob, I'll get a robot vacuum!
    My wife got us a DeeBot when I installed hardwoods er'where we had carpets in out home. I was skeptical at first- Not now
    The thing words great on random, and you can manually control it wit hit's remote too. you can program it, send it to an Iphone app. etc.
    I just asked and she said it was just over $200
    One of the better buys we have made.
    Look online, take reviews with a grain of salt

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I run ours every other day or when i remember to hit the button. It is full by the time the battery dies but the canister is only a small one so that's no surprise. 6-8 runs would probably equal a full vacuum bag.

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

To clarify a few points, no dogs. Just two cats so not a ton of fur. No rugs. Not sure how much life our vacuum has left. Figured for what a dyson would cost I could buy one one of these and with effectively no carpet, it doesn’t exactly have to deep clean anything. Wires are well hidden/tucked away so it wouldn’t fit into any of those spaces anyways. Only thing it might smear is the cats get hairballs on occasion but we find them pretty quick so we just wouldn’t be able to run it while we’re not home. But that wouldn’t be any fun anyways. Gotta be here to watch the cats ride it.

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

No no no no no no no.

Rent. You'll thank me later. :D

Steeltoe, Banditracer and _indy like this.