1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sold my TL

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

JTRC51 here got it.... Juan.... just talked to him....LUCKY DUDE!

2. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Guess I should change my screen name to JTLR??? ;)

Can't wait to get it out on track!!

This will be my 2nd TLR (to my 3 RC51s) I've owned.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Just completed round 3 of the local championship. Switched to bridgestone V02 slicks and it certainly was worth while!

Took Pole in qualifying, 3x 2nd's, and I finally beat those damn 98-01 R1's to claim a win through just pure speed. Ended up gapping the field by nearly 6 seconds and set a new PB and a new lap record of 1:18.275 along the way. All this without the 1140cc stroker motor installed yet. received_10155394028477595-1024x683.jpeg

4. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Well-Known Member

Get a GoPro on that thing and post a video will ya! Love to see a lap...

XFBO likes this.
  5. crazymofo

Just bought one prior to the meeting... ran out of time to do anything with it (week leading up to race weekend is the busiest weeks of work).

Will definately get some vids next round

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This post is Steeltoe Approved.

7. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Well-Known Member

Looks pretty jacked up in the rear...lots! How's the chain situation?

8. crazymofo

Shock length is 272mm long on a @Britt linkage. Front sees forks flush with triples. Chain rubs slightly when rolling bike backwards. Otherwise doesnt rub when on the bike.. if it does and wears through ill just replate that section of exhaust anyways. The handling is too good where it is to worry about the exhaust.

Also i have the seat approx 25mm higher then a stock one as well.

Bike is so tall that at 5'10 I cannot touch both feet on the ground at the same time.

Scotty87 and Britt like this.
  9. crazymofo

Oh should also say im running 120/70 & 200/60 profile rubber on the bike too.

Im 90kg without gear.
    Running ktech 25RDS Carts with 12.0nm springs @ 145mm air gap. Ktech 35DDS shock with 800lbs spring

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That's normal with a Full System... Just a tip... put the connecting clamp right there for protection.... Better to change a clamp in the future than a whole Mid... Both My TL's rub backwards...

crazymofo likes this.
  11. crazymofo

Yep i run the clamp as a wearable part already ;)

12. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

You beat 98-01 R1´s with just pure speed !!! What have you done to that thing ? Racing a stock engine with M4 and a Power Commander TLR in 1999, I had trouble pulling away from a good R6 ...

crazymofo likes this.
  13. crazymofo

The R1's still pull meters on me on the straights. But the handling is so sweet now that im near cracking the gas straight to WOT. In most corners im braking 10-20m later and the meters lost on the straights are regained and then some through the faster more flowing corners.

In otherwords ive started riding the bike like a 600. A fat heavy 600 nonetheless.

If the R1's get in front im screwed. They hold me up in the turns then piss off on the straights.

The race where i gapped them saw me get a great start for a change and hit the front early. Once clear I channeled my inner lorenzo and just fucked off on everybody :D lol

YamRZ350, Britt and Banditracer like this.
  14. Steve H

Really laughed when I read about you raising the seat.

I remembered once LOWERING mine by an inch and a bit. Figured that if I kept the same (raised) geometry in the rear end, but also moved a big lump of weight (me) down some, it might make direction changes in tight chicanes faster...

It was a complete disaster - just couldn´t ride the thing at all...

Some of us it seems always get to learn the hard way...

crazymofo likes this.
  15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That's pretty close to how I had mine setup. I'm right at 6'0 and I was on my toes much of the time. That bike liked to be jacked in the rear. I think I had 2mm on the front forks showing.

crazymofo likes this.
  16. crazymofo

I raised the seat the same amount that i could work out from pics of the MA yosh TLR superbikes from pengram days.

I found some pics of one without body work on and put it into corel draw fron there i made the image life size then worked out how much higher the seat supporte were. I worked out theirs was approx 25mm higher. I went for the same increase. Riding a stock height one compared to mine is a laugh. Bitch dont turn!! kinda like the titanic turning for the ice berg... does but doesnt enough.

17. Notfast

Notfast Well-Known Member

If you need any other measurements off one of the Yoshimura TLR’s, let me know.

crazymofo likes this.
  18. crazymofo

Would love to know min/max swingarm length. And exhaust muffler length inlet to tip.

My next thing to try is to to make the swingarm longer and take 4mm offset from the triples.

19. Notfast

Notfast Well-Known Member

Between Jim (over on TLP) and his brother, I believe they have more than one Yoshimura TL swingarm laying around they could get measurements off a bit easier. Jim also has one of the kit exhausts in his collection.

But, I'll see if I can run by Yoshimura in the next week or so and get some measurements for you. Always fun to stop by there and say "hi."

20. Steve H

I have made a + 40 mm swing arm and will try it out in the next month or so. Not sure how much it will prove though because there have also been some other significant changes in weight distribution, etc ... (Like moving the seat back a little because my long body / short legs make it difficult getting a good tuck in behind the fairing.)

Probably I should take the +40 and a spare stock swingarm I have to a track day and switch them out for a back to back comparison.

I too would be VERY interested to know the exact dimensions of the Yosh swingarm. Actually all it really needs is a good, clear and reasonably close photograph, square on to the drive chain side and from approximately axle height. Swing arms are easy to measure from photos - just count pixels and use chain links for a dimension reference.

We could also use that to get a good estimate of exhaust can dimensions and exhaust tube diameter...