1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

HK45C is on my shortlist. Some great deals to be had now that HK made the price more realistic.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Good ideas ands comments gentlemen. Thanks

3. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

I have the 3" subcompact XD and I can tell you it's my favorite semi auto. Definitely prefer it to my Glock. For the size it does a remarkable job of absorbing recoil, feels great in the hand, and shoots great. I really like some of the features you won't find on a Glock, like the striker indicator and the grip safety.

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I shoot Xd's better than Glocks, if you're looking at the 5 inch get the XDm 5.25. It's a nice pistol.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On that 80% idea - wasn't that all covered in a thread? Thinking it could be fun to do if I can handle it all with a drill press and a router :D

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The following is by no means comprehensive.

Polymer Striker pistol Options:
    FN- "S" series
    HK - VP series
    Glock
    Sig - 320 series, 365
    Springfield - XD, "M" and "S" series
    Canik - TP9 series
    S&W - M&P series
    Ruger - Multiple options
    CZ - P10 Series
    Beretta - APX series
    Walther - P series

7. rd400racer

I believe that's the one. A couple more bucks than I wanted to spend but I like it. Second would be the CZP10 that Jed mentioned. I like it too.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If you have a range near you that rents guns, go fire what they have and see how they 'fit' with your shooting style.
    As an example, I can't make the Glock work for me, as the ergos and my hands don't mix. Had to shoot the 22,23,and 26 to figure it out. Sig works better for me.

9. rd400racer

I'm going to do just that. I kept reading comments that the XD fits the hand well, but it might not for me.

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Haven't shot a CZ yet but I've been looking at them lately. My XDm shoots the 147's great, real soft in the hand, ambi mag release that I like as well but I think all the Xd's have that too. Last class I took I was hitting an 8 in plate three out of five times at 50 yards, close stuff was easy. It has never jammed, shoots everything I've put through it.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

P320X is interesting but I'm more into things with hammers these days. My G19 is so old the night sights are beginning to fade. Bout time to send the slide to Georgia for some fresh ones.

12. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

That's what I did.
    Ended up loving the VP9.

Jedb likes this.
  13. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Any thoughts on the Walther PPS M2 9MM? I'm thinking of picking one up but never shot it before so wanted to see if anyone here has one and what they think about it.

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I have one and I like it alot. have put about 1000 rounds through it and no issues.

15. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Ok good deal, I just went ahead and bought it. Thanks for the feedback.

16. rd400racer

Well, I went to the dark side and bought a Glock 19. I just got back from the range...I'm a convert:D

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Be specific, 1st, 2nd, 3rd (best), 4th or 5th Gen? :D

18. rd400racer

It's a 4th. Traded a Taurus 92 for it (guy really wanted a Taurus??). He already did all of the typical mods to it...3.5 trigger, grip tape on the slide, shave just under the grip, aftermarket spring. I love it! I'm under their spell. Now I want a 17:D

19. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I bought a Gen 5 last week!!

Haven’t shot it yet.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Get a 17c, with the factory ported slide and barrel.

rd400racer likes this.