1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st gen.SV carb question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Banditracer, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a 01 650 here that only has 3500 miles on it, cleaning the carbs etc. It has a Yosh slip on, stock jetting. Air filter is shot so probably will throw a K & N in it. What's recommended to richen it up for that combo ? Jet changes, just shim the needle a little ? Mixture screws out ? This is a street bike.

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Jetting is all over the place once you put aftermarket filter. Even K&N may have different filters for it which may need different jetting.
    Make it simple and use stock filter since it is street bike.
    If you must dig out thread on svrider with all jetting info dependent on filter used.

3. erollinc

erollinc Member

what he said ^^^^ I have a k&n with a full yosh and i run 2.5 turns on the screws a 17.5 pilot and a 152.5 main. runs great. you arent running a full exhaust, so it will probably be different.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well I ended up owning this bike so I'm gonna put it on the road this spring and try to get some miles on it. For now I put a stock filter in it, left the jetting stock, set the screws out 2.5. Have to see how it is.

5. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The Ivan's jet kit worked well on my 1st gen but it uses a modified K&N, which is not SS legal.