1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Who knows, AP has so much development into that platform that it may take the KTM's at least a year to catch up.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Word is 100hp FZ07R's are not that hard to build and they also seem to be reliable.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

But you still don't see anyone winning on them

JustaNobody and DucatiBomber like this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Seth starnes has a fz07 now so that will probably change..

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'd take that bet. The rider still makes more of a difference than the bike.

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I don't even think people care about the top classes at MA. Its a snooze fest. Its been that way for a while. I still have 90% of the MA races that I recorded for the 2017 season unwatched. I talk to other racers and motorcycle enthusiasts and they say the same thing.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    r6boater likes this.
  7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

People barely care about MA.. I went down to COTA for MotoGP, and the place was PACKED (60k+ people). IMMEDIATELY following the MotoGP race, there was a mass exodus... I'd say probably 75% of the people left before the start of the MA races. It was kinda crazy to see.

8. The racing is boring at best, think it’s possibky a bit closer in some classes but even 600’s are a snooze fest. I think they are taking the steps to bridge the gap as we seem to have a big one right now. I’m not sure if it’s talent, equipment or a combination but it’s just not exciting racing.

9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the best race of the year as far as on-track action might have been 600 R2 @ Sonoma. the SS racers made huge gaps early, so the camera guys showed the 5+ rider battle for the STK win. dive bombs, plenty of passes, the winner coming from way back, etc. a great race overall.

as far as overall excitement, ie not just on-track action, it helps that i know all those racers personally. its always more exciting rooting for or against racers im familiar with. a random fan prob doesnt know who Aguilar or Gilbert are. thats a problem, one that MA seems to be working on.

tecknojoe likes this.
  10. :stupid:

The Supersport racing was more effective than a sleeping pill. But there were times when the Superstock racing was awesome.

Props to BEIN for actually giving the STK guys some coverage (something they didn’t do at all last year)

rcarson15 likes this.
  11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

can u imagine how fast the development will go if KTM does it instead of a random shop? factories seem to be able to accomplish in 3 months what takes a random shop 3yrs. does KTM actually care, who knows. but we can hope i guess.

12. shakazulu12

Good point. I forget that KTM actually invests in racing alternative classes quite a bit more than most companies.

13. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Rumor is all they can talk about in the KTM race division is developing a bike for an amateur class ... running during pro weekends ... in America.
    Well or it could be developing the MotoGP bike.
    It’s all just rumors.

Kidding aside I hope they develop a race package for the bike if there is a manufacturer that would do it it would be KTM.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

Can they develop a kit to make it look like the prototype?

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Please!!!!

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. :crackup:

lonewrench and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yep, I use carb vent line in whatever color looks good on the bike. Sometimes we use heat shrink as well.

18. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

According to rr world the ktm 790 won't be here till fall of 2018 as a 2019 model so it looks like that bike is out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DucatiBomber likes this.
  19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Actually, KTM "Consumer Racing Division" is pretty serious about what they do. We were very fortunate to get to spend several days with them recently.

20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

We want a street legal 2-stroke enduro.

shakazulu12 likes this.