1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR LWSB Hi-Side: Rider Ok?

Discussion in 'General' started by SV81, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Was gonna ask this earlier but forgot. Is the rider ok who hi-sided going up the hill at the top of the hill in the LWSB Race. Shoulda been lap 1. He was right in front of me and was pretty high in the air. I ended up checking out the Danville countryside and didnt see if he was up and ok.

2. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that I spoke to him on Sunday afternoon as he was leaving the men's room. Can't recall his name but he had two scraped up knees which were a tad swollen and a swollen hand but was otherwise just fine. He described his crash which sounds VERY similar to what you just described. He said he'd been sliding the rear up the hill quite often and knew it was a matter of time before he took it that milimeter too far...

Hope that helps.

I'm expert 101 on the red SV by the way and I was in that race but did not see the crash.

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I was right behind you guys. Great job at avoiding him and his bike! :up:

I was sitting pretty so I watched the whole thing. I'm kicking myself for not mounting my onboard camera for that one. The landing looked pretty painful though. Hope he's OK.

4. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

101..you were pitted next to me I think. You and your wife were there right? I am 81 SV and was in the RV with the 305 expert and the 534 SV. I saw the guy with the knees bandaged but I couldnt put his face with the bike. If it is him, glad he is ok. He was about 5 feet in the air and looked like spider man going airborn. He went left and his bike went down the middle. He let out a bunch of tire smoke and then went down. Thanks for the info.

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Ok Joe, I know who you are now. I didnt think I had anywhere to go but off road so I did. I never saw him land, just take off like a Suzuki ejection seat test pilot. 534 followed thru the fields also to avoid.

6. Slick-101

I'm pretty sure you have me pegged. We were pitted on the row closest to the track only about 30 feet from where you enter the paddock from the track assuming you didn't go all the way down hot pit to post race tech. We were under what is normally the Italian Flag but the flags were not up.

To one side of me (on my right if I was facing the track) was a crew that had a black female dog that I thought was a greyhound mix but later found out was a dalmation mix. Very cool dog (I gave her some bacon) and very cool owners. Was that you guys?

Slick

7. Joe Morris

You and 534 made a quick and decisive move off the line and off the track which made it safe/safer for the rest of us. Thank you.

8. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

That was some carnage as I went through after you guys.

You guys probably didn't see the bike on the ground at the start in the novice grid, though.

What an interesting first lap!

9. Joe Morris

Did you notice that I lingered around to make sure everyone got off to a good start in that race? :rolleyes:

I didn't see how the guy ended up on the ground at the start though. I just saw him scrambling.

10. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Slick, that was us. The dog is Dakota and I am sure she very much appreciated the bacon. Arnie Hastings was the 305 Expert, Max Aronow was the 534 SV and I am Sean (or svracer.net) on the 81 silver/black 03 SV. Good times this weekend. We will all be at Summit in April in the RV again so look for us. Should be rolling in Friday evening.

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Shit yeah I did....I was right BEHIND HIM!!!!! He spun like a top and I went to his left near the grass, Max 534 couldnt move since the bike was spinning. Dont worry...he didnt live that one down!!:beer: :Poke:

12. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dang it, I would have never know that was you untill you mentioned your #. Maybe we should all wear "HI My Name Is" tags at the Cycle Jam:D

13. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

your welcome Joe and my pleasure. Much rather go site seeing than create a huge pile up. I always hate lap 1 anyway.

14. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Buck, always the funny man eh?:D

15. Pants Romano

I didn't see it either. I was watching the flag, and when I looked down-track he was there.

Yeah, I noticed you on the start, you nearly ran me off track on the right side just after the tree.

I was 3/4 of the way around you when you drifted over that way.

No big deal, by that time you had the steam to keep it in front.

P.S. I was on row 20, where'd you start from? :Poke:

16. Joe Morris

Sorry for moving over on you. I think I was on row 15 for that race. My starts were truely shameful.

Hey, wait a minute, you were on the motard and your complaining about me steering you toward the grass. WTF!?!? :Poke:

17. Pants Romano

I'm teasing you. It was your line to have. And we were going around a couple of folks, so it wasn't unexpected.

As for the motard, I'm pretty sure I could cut about .5 miles off the course with some "creative" lines!

I'm not cheating. I'm squaring off the corners!

18. Slick-101

Now I KNOW he's teasing b/c he CLAIMS to be "going around a couple of folks." :Poke:

19. Joe Morris

I assumed he was talking about spectators. :Poke:

20. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

It was #186 Ex (Tommy Thompson) that did the high side. He is my pit buddy. He's doing ok, though his knee's are both rubbed up pretty good.
    Bike didnt fare that well, something up front is bent, so we will be looking for some parts as soon as we find out what is needed. And his new body work and paint job are well broken in now.

498 Ex