1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Solar Eclipse August 21, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, the welding helmet pooped out, still too bright. Even with sunglasses on it's a good way to go blind real fast.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

our whole building is outside right now. you know how many old dummies i just saw looking at the sun with their regular ass sunglasses on? people are so godamn dumb. optometrists must be licking their lips with excitement.

bleacht likes this.
  3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Got my kid outside for totality and held her for the duration. It was fantastic. Glad she calmed down. She loved it.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just in case anyone missed it. I'm posting this pic of a totaled Eclipse.

[​IMG]

stk0308, TLR67, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Waiting a long time for that one, eh?

:clap:

6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Newman and "Newmanium".

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pretty cool, wasn't alive for the last one. Lent my glasses to about 40 people outside. literally about 40 people. I need face sanitized right now. There are about 5 thousand people standing on the corners of the park

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I laughed out loud.
    You get the Acree Award for the day.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

All it did was get slightly darker here, looked a couple times thru my welding helmet. Meh, went back to mowing.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lame. Except the brief respite from the heat. Wish NASA did this everyday.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Mran556

Mran556 Well-Known Member

Same took a look and went inside. Not much to see. We have alot of over cast right now too

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Through the camera of a friend. Was pretty cool. And cooler. And it was my 2 nd total

Attached Files:

SnacktimeKC, cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  13. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

It was bright outside and not as hot. Darker in my house and smiley faces on the ground under my tree!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Been waiting for any interview with someone who has gone blind from an eclipse.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne has had to have cataract surgery in both eyes from long term sun damage from all the years of scoring races without UV protection if that helps any.

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Saw totality from my front yard, that was cool.

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That's just maintenance for the laser stare she gives you when you try and get away with a non rule book number plate. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I took the Jet ski out.... Lake was packed.... Pretty cool to see the dock lights come on... And Birds freaking out on the islands...
    No boats were moving.. Everyone just sitting... I was like WTF... Braaaaaap.

Phl218, V5 Racer and Yzasserina like this.
  19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Welding helmet wasn't enough for me either. I heard it said a #14 lens would do it. Not sure what mine is. I doubled up my brazing lenses and that worked.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

No 13 auto dimming was a bit too bright. Got some sunglasses and that did it. Then the total eclipse hit and you didn't need anything to view it. It was awesome. Pink sunset 360 degrees around you. I'm glad I was able to be in Nashville for work same day as the eclipse.

Phl218 likes this.