1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJMP endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, Apr 29, 2017.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't get anything that good.

[​IMG]

Of course the sunnier day the camera decided to act up. Only upside to that is I really do a want a new body that'll do video :D

dsmitty37 and BigBird like this.
  3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

The SB Image has some good ones on Facebook.

Was anyone else on top of the tower when one did the low, turning pass right overhead? This was Saturday, but it may have been done on Sunday too. I've seen several air demonstrations, but that was really something special.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

We were right in line on Sunday in the paddock when one of the N2 instructors came to us and was like they are going to do a fly-by right overhead. And they did, and it was super close and super LOUD! Really Amazing stuff. He was like they were within 10 feet of the same spot everyday.

mpusch likes this.
  5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Yup, that was me and my little one.

6. Sacko DougK

I have a few shots of the tight turn that are pretty good. I was trying to get some good shots of guys exiting T3 (crest of the hill?) with the Blue's in the back ground. Some turned out decent. Also bikes on track with demo planes flying in the background. Those didn't turn out so well as the angles were wrong. If it's not stepping on any vendors toes, I'll post a couple.

7. Jim

Jim Know your grids...

Talked to someone on top of the tower after the Sunday flyover (incredible, my nervous system shut down for a few seconds) He said #6 stopped by the pits and talked. Do we have a picture? I am sooo jealous.

8. Sacko DougK

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Got a selfie with him (Tyler). Cool guy. Used to do track days and race a RC51. Said he couldn't ride bikes while on his special duty tour because riding bikes are "too dangerous"... LOL

BigBird likes this.
  10. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

:bow::bow::bow:

11. Sacko DougK

A lot of it depends upon what you are doing and the operational tempo/readiness of the unit. As a flyer, you live by the flight schedule on a daily basis, sometimes hourly basis. A lot of time and money goes into training and preparations for flight status and deploying. So, naturally there is quite a bit at risk. However, how many ankles get rolled or broken playing basketball? But, something like the Blue's do have a higher standard and only a limited number of pilots. Going med down there is quite visible. So, any risky hobby that would jeopardize your ability to perform is probably not a good move.

12. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

NJMP spent alot of money of drainage pipe and water run off areas. It has rained a lot here over the past couple months. ( I am 65 miles north of NJMP) . Every time I have been there the track surface has tried quickly. The sun was barely out and the ground is saturated. All in all it was great.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's funny, #6 is from down here by the office.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah I've rarely seen water issues there, and it's true for the last 2-3 weeks it has rained at least 5-6 days a week.

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Most of South jersey and De are below sea level, It's not so much a drainage issue, as it is water coming up from an over saturated underground.
    I remember a few years back on a dry weekend water came up and puddled in the back section. Most guy's saw it forming,, ex. Hayden.

16. Sacko DougK

I kept on meaning to comment on this but kept forgetting. Whoever was on the EBR there, NICE!!! Loved seeing and hearing that out there.

17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This. I was on the other side that weekend shaking down my lemon and we had some areas where water came up through the track.

Other than some small pockets of water, it wasnt a bad weekend at all!