1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. I find this funny as hell. He may have thought he was being slick finding a legal workaround which was not legal :)

2. McGixxer

McGixxer Well-Known Member

I'm truly disappointed that Rob has yet to use his phone's "block contact" feature on CR. For the love of god: WHY WHY WHY do you continue to communicate with MEGA TROLL!?

Sabre699, Patrick Buell and El Cubano like this.
  3. I've bought bikes sight unseen and have sold a couple the same way. One bike I bought had an issue which we resolved as men and another one I sold the same. I'm convinced the one I bought with an issue was not known to the seller and the same with the one I sold. In both cases we ended up splitting cost 50/50 which was not a big deal when you are adults. I probably went a bit overboard with a bike I sold because I'm convinced the newbie who bought it didn't follow instructions but I still made it right because it was his first race bike. I just wanted to make sure he had confidence in the bike and racing in general. Ironically the guys since bought/ built 6 or 7 race bikes since then, still races today and has always held on to the bike I sold him. I'm no saint but I'm damn honest and my word means something to me plus I just want to see people out there having fun. I looked at it as a sponsorship of sorts helping the then kid out getting on the track. I wouldn't expect every transaction to be that smooth but on the other hand integrity is a big deal to me no matter what you are doing in life. Karma - you need all the good you can get.

4. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter who started the lame ass thread. Robby Bobby did business with this shit dick again... even know he damn well knew better.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm gonna put a bookmark right here.

6. Regardless it's your responsibility to make it right with the buyer and your responsibility to deal with your transaction with the builder. Simple as that. Motor aside there are two things you mis-represented to the buyer 1) frame / title 2) run time on engine. Those are both easily verified and take some accountability here. I don't know Rob and have no loyalty to him. Met him a coupe times but it was a quick handshake / introduction in a group of people so my opinions are not skewed on this. Facts are facts and you messed up. That's a clear fact. Go rent a set of balls, man up and make it right. It's simple as that.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

That's different, I'd take a bullet to the leg for a steal like that. :D

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I stopped reading at page 22. Is there a Reader's Digest version?

9. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

The situation looks to have a resolution thanks to a 5th party. Pitchforks can be put away.

JRider600RR and Robby-Bobby like this.
  10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Paypal stepping in?

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

And to think that is to hard to understand. It really is this simple.

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. caferace

caferace No.

Screencap or it didn't happen. :D

-jim

badmoon692008 and Sweatypants like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone spring for a hitman?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course, but this is not the scenario. I agree in a perfect transaction. But at the end of the day if the buyers wants resolution, typically a little more effort needs to be made. I'm not saying its right. I'm saying it takes more effort to resolve these issues than the buyer was apparently willing to make so I'm not surprised he wasn't able to resolve anything prior to taking court action which is way more PIA than pickingupmthe phone and calling etc. you have to expect to put up with some bs in these types of situations and not be so sensitive.

15. Patrick Buell

Patrick Buell Active Member

I picture them calling Jeff to the stand and Clarence getting up and walking up there "hi my names jeff"

badmoon692008 and G 97 like this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone hired 24 cambodian kick boxing midgets, a stripper with big whowhos named candy and balloon tying clown?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The clown is a bit over the top.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Details man ... jeebus

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: The truly great ones know when it's time to stop. :D

20. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Finally Zippy to the rescue?