1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eric Bostrom's legacy

Discussion in 'General' started by Wade Parish, May 4, 2017.

1. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

So, y'all remember the podium speech where Eric had the spittle in the corners of his mouth, right? No big deal to me, but it must've sent shock waves through the pro motorcycle racing community. I swear I've seen virtually every winner since then have a towel at the ready and obsessively wipe their mouths while giving interviews on the podium. Anybody else notice this phenomenon?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw it long before Eric. Gotta wipe the sweat off. Also another good way to get a sponsor logo(s) on camera :D

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Ha! Well, I swear it wasn't as prominent and obsessive as it has been since.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They all go to school now to learn how to act in interviews and such too, didn't do that back in the day.

Wade Parish likes this.
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fixerated for accuracy.

Steeltoe, Sabre699, G Dawg and 5 others like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I don't get it, you can cover the business aspect and still have personality. Colin is a great example of it.

Wade Parish likes this.
  7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

You must not have see the race 2 interview from Road Atlanta between Cam and Elias. :D

8. The only interviews I can tolerate are the unscripted, surprise ones with Eslick.

The whole "I love everyone and thanks to everyone and I hope everyone has a great race" shit gets old.

I'd rather somebody just say "I'm about to hurt some feelings" or "these dudes are going to be sucking my exhaust fumes for 20 straight laps" or say something like Edwards and be like "my bike is a piece of shit, but I rode my ass off and did good in spite of it".

Joe Lopez and Wade Parish like this.
  9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Rare piece of interview footage there....
    I was more thinking about the single person interviews...BlahBlahBlah..while taking sips of their EnergyWhoreDrinkDeathinaCan.

Gorilla George and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

You'll have to wait for a mid packer to win in the rain for a good interview. "My Ed's lawn garden and toaster repair Gixxer 1000 is the tits, sure I'm down 50hp and run out of a 86 astro van but those boys didn't have shit for me today" type interview is what I wanna see!

britx303, flyboy, rk97 and 12 others like this.
  11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Some of the old Batey interviews after the Cup races were some of my favorites.

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

That would be fucking awesome!

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

"Bring it on, PUSSY!"

Anyone remember that? :D

mike574, Gino230 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Im gonna guess y'all haven't seen the latest Motoamerica press conference.

Wish MA would capitalize on the static between Can and Elias like WSB is doing now with Chaz and Rea....

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Bring back dropkicking backmarkers! :crackup:

16. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

PK Subban had a good take on this on the Bill Simmons podcast. He said something like, people come in trying to have a personality, then one comment is taken out of context and blows up on social media, and they just turn to robots afterwards. I can totally see that happening, especially in sports that are more popular and covered.

418 likes this.
  17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Eslick to Herrin.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Herrin's dad iirc

kjohnson and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

That may be. I remember Eslick directing to the Herrin side.

20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

fixed