1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, here's a crap piece of legislation from the GOP...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, May 3, 2017.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Damn, I want to only work a 12 hour day.

crashman likes this.
  4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No shit! I always laugh at people that whine about long hours. 13s are normal work days for me. I do get a lot of time off though.:D

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, but that's 13 hours Canadian. That's what, 2:45? :Poke: :moon: :D

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How is comp time given in the private sector, straight or at time and half rate??? Just curious.

Soooo is it safe to say any outrage given in here was all for nothing too? I guess CNN served their purpose. :D

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Nope. Alaska hours. Alaska is part of the US you know!:moon:

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can see it from my house! :crackup:

TurboBlew and crashman like this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Time & a half. You work 10 hours of OT, you get 15 hours comp time. The ONLY pro-business aspect I can figure is that it's capped at ONLY giving employees an extra month off.

XFBO likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Straight for us but I am exempt so do not get OT either.

XFBO likes this.
  11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Late is late.

Are you saying workers should be able to start at their convenience? Asking to be on time is "horrid"? LOL.

As a 34 yr. employer, todays workers are shit and will take advantage of the co and screw you at every opportunity. NOT ALL, but most.

It`s an epidemic caused by shit parenting.

Believe me, there are ample employee protections.

Before you jump to conclusions; I have three of six employees that are at 20 yr seniority.

The system does work. Employer treating you bad? Leave. They will change or go belly up.
    I`m on the advisory committee at the local vocational school, and you can see what`s coming down the line. It`s all about me, no concern for a job or anyone else.

The problem today is not unjust employers, it`s entitled workers.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It was always all about me. I would say that the constant propaganda on how you are evil is the issue. It is all about me but I realize that what benefits the company keeps me employed thus benefits me. That is the link that I think is missing in a lot of people today.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

^^^
    You can learn a lot from an ungulate. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wow. What a hardship. Geebus, that reminds me of people sitting in their annual review wanting a perfect score because they show up for work almost every day. That's the bare friggin minimum.

TurboBlew, XFBO and cav115 like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yep. There seems to be a huge disconnect between what people expect and what they are willing to put in for effort.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Whatever you do, don't expect effort. :moon:

cav115 likes this.
  17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We have the same policy now. I've noticed since the change I take less time off and its not because of my boss.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:moon:

19. Lawn Dart

I took a week and a half the whole year last year, when in previous years my benefit was 4 weeks.

I'm rectifying that this year. I'm making certain to take at least a week per quarter.

I learned to hate the policy when I worked for CarMax and had my weekend - not just my vacation or my scheduled time away, but my entire race weekend at Beaverun denied because another member of the team was going to a wedding (this wasn't in advance either - it was like Wednesday, when I was leaving on Thursday so I could do a Friday practice day). They saddled me with weekend maintenance that I wasn't scheduled to do, and basically said, "if you don't show up, don't show up on Monday." They went on to say, "you have unlimited time away, you'll get another opportunity at a later date."

I learned two things that day - "unlimited vacation" isn't unlimited, and don't share your plans or personal details with your employer, lest it lead to value judgments on who's time off is more important.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Paige likes this.
  20. Lawn Dart

OK - fair enough. No, I did not read the legislation itself. I'm guilty of taking information from a news article on a news site as news.

crashman and XFBO like this.