1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arai Helmet Question

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Mar 3, 2004.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I've got the Okada replica Quantum helmet - and I love it, its great. But I was looking at the RX7's. I wear a medium quantum - can I just go ahead and order a medium Rx7 and it will fit?

I heard they were different shapes, but wondered how different????

(Damn I feel like Greenie here - perhaps I should have posted a poll.....;) )

2. Chris P

Chris P Well-Known Member

The size is the same....the fit is a little different, but not so much as would really notice. I have owned a Quantum and several rx7's. Either one is a winner.....Hope this helps. :D

3. I have both the Signet GT and Quantum for the street and use the RX7 Corsair for the track.
    All mediums, fit is the same.
    RX7 is a bit more snug (mainly b/c it gets less wear), but no issues.

Great lids.

4. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Mark, same deal here. I went from a medium Quantum to a medium RX-7 and it fit just fine. You'll enjoy the RX-7 much more as IMO it fits better and offers superior ventilation. :up:

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Ditto, went from a Quantum E to an RX-7RR4 with no problem. You can always order different sized cheek pads if fitment is way off.:up:

6. MarkB

Cool - thanks guys:D I'll go for the Rx-7 even though I love the paint scheme on my Quantum....just gotta pick a cool paint scheme....:beer:

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I'll be the voice of dissent for a moment;) . I am a Quantum F head. Every time I try a RX series, it feels a little too short front to back and creates a pressure point across my forehead. It's probably just my strange noggin, though:D .
    Cheers, Lee S.

8. I have an oval head, I can only wear a Quantum. RX's just don't fit right on me. I you have a normally shaped head you should be ok.

9. MarkB

:( well thats me screwed then

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

What do you mean "normal" Like normal skull or normal mentality?:Poke: :D