1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is globalization failing?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure they do. Plenty of options out there for battered women - from something as simple as just calling 911.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At least this time around they're well thought out, concisely written liberal tears. They're still delicious though :D

3. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

they don't choose it to start with, and once in it it's not that simple.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one said it was simple, nor is going a belief system you were raised in.

But the choices are still there.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Choices are indeed there, but when it's all one has known for all of his life, and they've been conditioned to consider themselves worthless and stupid, that choice isn't has easy as you make it be.

speeddaddy likes this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where have I ever said it's easy?

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

My loss of faith is what has encouraged my current existential crisis. Some days I would give anything to be bent under the roof of a church again believing in God. I would take subjugation if it gave me some relief that this doesn't all end suddenly and I cease to exist completely.

And I don't know how many Muslim women you all have met - but I have yet to meet one who feels they are worthless and stupid - and we have a giant population of muslims in this state. There are battered and abused women in every group of people. You are looking at it through your lense and missing their perspective. You are missing that there are Muslim women who are doctors and engineers and architects only because you assume they can't be with their head covered. That they are some how not allowed to be individuals. There definitely is some shit that I would never put up with - but from the women I have interacted with in this state - they are afforded every opportunity to pursue their goals.
    Extremists do not equal the bulk of the population.

blkduc and turtlecreek like this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Maybe I wasn't clear.

I never limited my comment to muslim women.

I didn't even limit it to women....

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Show me a model for Globalization that has the country with the largest economy and largest resources benefiting. I'm not talking about a simplified Adam Smith or Ricardo model. I'm talking one that takes into liberalism one one of trading and the complexity of a large economy. The H-O models, again having many things equal and perfect competition. What liberalism has introduced that no model does account for is giving away more that what is accounted for which has actually created an imbalance. By that I mean that we (the US) has given away too much and has not negotiated on it's best interest due to liberalism. The countries who are supposed to benefit, again do not have equal competition and are not operating in the same liberal manner. Hence, an imbalance internally within those countries which prevents growth and an imbalance in trade that benefits those individuals.