Grom Killer? Kawasaki Z125

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Mar 3, 2016.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I saw 24 minutes and immediately closed the video. Lol
    All I heard was "I'm Brian Va..."

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Be careful upgrading the brakes. I dumped my bike with what seemed an over aggressive brake pad. Once it heated up, it put me on my arrrrrrrrse. One of the racer youtubers complained of the same thing happening to them.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

What's your brake set up Birdman? Too much as in locking up the front and washing out?
    On the z125 the oem brakes are really horrible, enough to make me not ride the thing at all before upgrading the system.

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Wow, thats one hell of a brake upgrade!

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had just changed the OEM pads to EBC HH and that's it. Once they broke in and heated up...down I went. "skier's thumb" to prove it :(

6. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

This is for the less experienced my brother. You all can just fast forward to the end to hear how it sounds.

Van

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Let's plug the M4 video too:

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Damn, that sounds pretty good.

9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

A night out with the beast, tons of stupid fun.

20160921_191157_resized.jpg

20160921_190948_resized.jpg

BigBird and daveknievel like this.
  10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The brakes on the Grom were crazy bad for the first miles but eventually started working just fine. I'm not sure if it was just some manufacturing coating on the outside of the pads or what but it went away. Stock pads and brakes will lock up the front or do stoppies with ease now.

masshole and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

:stupid:

That's 70 mph easy with a 15T front sprocket and a lightweight rider like Ari.

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The Brembo m50 caliper and rcs15 master are in, waiting for a big rotor from Brembo or Braking but there's nothing available yet. Same for the caliper bracket

20161001_155139_resized.jpg

That and a "narrow" rear Pit bull stand are my only updates

20161001_155226_resized.jpg

14. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

that looks so much better than the Grim

masshole likes this.
  15. jerickson79

jerickson79 Active Member

I've got 500 miles on mine and have resisted dumping too much money into a $3k bike. I'm going to put TT93 Dunlops on this weekend, not because the stock tires do anything scary but I just don't have total confidence in them. I've locked the front tire under hard braking and get a vague feeling leaned over. The TT93s are what a Kawasaki team used to run the Z125 at a 24 Hour race last month. They didn't even have to run an oil cooler so I'd say the engine is built to last.

http://www.cycleworld.com/team-2016-z125-pro-kawasaki-cycle-world-24-hr-mini-bike-race-update

masshole likes this.
  16. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

I have Pilot powers on my grom.....def lot better than VVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEErubbbers

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

o_O