1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuka 8 Hours | 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jul 27, 2016.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:beer:

2. ceebus

ceebus Well-Known Member

That's about 1000 times better than the ustream shit I posted. Thanks

3. Lowes is so smooth through traffic.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I Googled eurosport 2 live stream and the very first result is the race live.

Stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/gb/eurosport-2-live-stream

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

SERT 48th place! Go Steeltoe!

.... oh wait. They aren't the top ZUK team. Go Haga!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Fuck! I think Nicky crashed.

Edit - mechanical. :(

7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Looks like:
    1. Yamaha

2. Kawasaki

3. Suzuki

Cheers,

Dave

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Ok that announcer was full of crap. He kept making up BS and saying the dumbest things. Some stuff I heard...

1. The riders are doing the leg dangle because the footpegs are too hot, and because they have blisters from so much practice. :rolleyes:

2. Hayden crashed out of a dirttrack race and another racer said you can tell the bike number even upside down. (that was Earl's joke about himself when he had the number)

3. Some weird BS about how Colin decided to make a career of racing after winning Suzuka in 1999. (he already won a few championships, I mean how do you win Suzuka then decide to start a race career?)

That guy was annoying. Does he also do BSB? I've heard that voice before but don't recall where.

9. caferace

caferace No.

-jim

BHP41 and Sundaydisco like this.
  10. caferace

caferace No.

11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

74 laps . . . I feel badly for Nicky.

Cheers,

Dave

12. 418

418 Expert #59

That team has two consecutive DNF's in Suzuka after winning 2014. Tough luck.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video Jim. Do you happen to know the attendance numbers for this particular race, either for this year or last? It looked like the circuit was at capacity!

14. caferace

caferace No.

Not released yet, from what I've seen so far. EWC at Suzuka (Le Mans as well) always seems to max the place out.

-jim

15. caferace

caferace No.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Finally Alex Lowes won something on a Yamaha.

Knotcher likes this.
  17. amaner

amaner will do math for food

[​IMG]

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

On the bright side though that hopefully means Yamaha have figured out some improved reliability for the R1. So I guess if you race it over extended distances are varying RPMs its OK, but too much time at WOT like the IOM and it blows up still?

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When the Yamaha boys were taking those pictures in the pit lane after Espargaro and Nakasuga stopped Lowes, the guy in the orange jumpsuit almost killed me. :crackup: He came running towards them and blowing into his whistle like Godzilla was coming. Funny thing is that I spotted him in the back just as he started to get agitated and my first thought was "oh shit, he's about to get Japanese on those ni**as." By the time he was in their faces, I was rolling. :crackup:That reminded me of the time my travel group was too slow getting off the Shinkansen. We almost gave the train conductor (or whatever they're called) an aneurysm.

Alex Lowes dropping the big Coca-Cola Zero flag handed to him by a corner worker was also funny. Almost as if he suddenly remembered that Monster Energy logo on his helmet and realized the pictures would be a very bad look for him. :D

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Huh?

One team had issues at IOM (last year mind you) and now all R1s are unreliable?