1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing and clutches

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Pilotryan, May 26, 2016.

1. Pilotryan

Pilotryan Member

Yeah he kept saying "if you do it wrong your bike is done." I'll watch some YouTube videos. That should work I hope.

2. Block the oil passage with black RTV. Put the thing in. Turn it till you feel it hit the guide and back it off 1/4 turn. Turn the bike on and listening for ticking. If it's still loud turn it til it starts to get quiet and then back it off a tad. Easy.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Pilotryan

Pilotryan Member

Thanks man. If you ride out in Southern California, hit me up, I owe you a meal/beer

4. I live in Tustin and my shop is in South LA. No worries at all man!

If you're coming to the July Fontana WERA round let me know! I'll be there for the 2 practice days before hand too.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Mechanics trying to make a living? Unbelievable!

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can file them smooth if they are grooved. Most clutch baskets are cast metal so just keep that in mind.

7. Pilotryan

Pilotryan Member

I was thinking of doing that but the groves were so light that I didnt know if it was needed. Ill have to check it again during the next install. Theres no way Im taking all of that apart again right now :). I only had to pull the plates out probably 5 or 6 times due to a variety of reasons :-(