1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 18, 2015.

1. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

My undesrtanding is that he is racing for HB Racing... under the Meen canopy. I have a strong feeling his bike will be orange ;)

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Orange? Who or what makes it orange?

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's what I meant!:p

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

So what is going on with the TV deal? I saw the RRW article referencing the deal but nothing on the MotoAmerica site and no press release that I know of from them.

Is it going to be live coverage, delayed broadcast, recap show or what?

Ride safe,
    AAron

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, it's getting close enough you'd think they'd be announcing something soon. :(

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta get the contracts signed and the coverage paid for. TV can be a long drawn out PITA to sort out - and announcing too soon can kill the deal rather than help it.

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Dorna put out a press release announcing MotoGP, WSB and MotoAmerica all on beIN Sports but the lack of PR from MotoAmerica can only mean they're still working on the details and a contract has not been signed yet, in my opinion.

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

9. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

Bein's Spanish twitter feed leaked this weeks ago. Be nice if MA has some kind of videopass for those of us who can't get Bein.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good stuff!! Thanks John!

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I don't typically like to use superbikeplanet as a source, but this seems pretty legit. Toni Elias to substitute for Jake Lewis at the COTA test and possibly the first round(s) of the series while Lewis is out recovering.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2016/Mar/160315mnsx2.htm

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hmmm, when's the last time we had a former MotoGP winner on an AMA/MA grid. (Spies doesn't count, he hadn't won one yet ;) )

[​IMG]

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, Elias on the grid is not a bad thing. Feel horrible that Jake got banged up and is going to miss the test and maybe round 1 but Elias being there does not suck.

Surprised it isn't Melandri but he's a team killer.

14. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Agree with you on all counts. It's pretty cool to see some international talent coming to MotoA; Claudio Corti, Toni Elias, Dakota Mamola. Hell, I'm actually really surprised that Ant West hasn't gotten a ride here in the states. I know he was on the lookout for one.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Schwantz, Road America a while back.

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed. Someone is going to find a way to complain about this though ..

:D

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where did he end up? I thought he got something in BSB.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, I'll do it for them to save us all some time. "Why didn't <insert rider's name here> get that ride!?!? He deserves it and is 'merican!" :D

19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!!

20. caferace

caferace No.

I know he was doing some racing down under. I'll poke into it.

I'll be at the CoTA test next week as well.

-jim