1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greg Moore fall down go boom. Looks like overtime for the well wishin machine.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

First things first: Report from the track is that he's able to move all the fingers and piggies.

But: A broken leg possibley a compound fracture.

He hit THE wall at No Problem that everyone that's ever been there has worried about. They had Air Fence up but Greg went further through the turn before it spit him.

He was airlifted out. Not because it was 'life threatening' but mainly because that place is past the middle of nowhere.

Hopefull Moore news will follow (sorry for that) but it never hurts to get the good word / vibes / prayers heading down towards the Big Easy...

Heal up Greg.. The arm, the GNF now this... You got your three outta the way! Get healed and get back out there! M, if y'all need any help please don't hesitate to ask!

2. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Wow. Sorry to hear it.:(

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Greg & Misty, ya'll are in my prayers.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Dang, that sucks! Get well soon.

David

5. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I hope you heal well and quickly, Greg. Sorry to hear this news.

6. sisbell

sisbell Well-Known Member

Get well soon Greg.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, get well fast.

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I give him two-three weeks before that man's back out on the track - knowin that type of determination...

Hope you heal quickly man...i'll be lookin forward to meetin you face to face so i can pick that racin brain of yours! My prayers are in your corner:)

9. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Hope to see you out there soon.

10. jenn305

jenn305 Well-Known Member

tried to call misty as soon as i heard. i wil let you guys know as soon as i hear from her. until then, all we can do is pray. jenn

11. RevHighJak

RevHighJak Now that's funny!

Damn sorry to hear that.... Hope the news gets better and the recovery is swift.

12. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

damn get well soon man!

13. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Yeah, nobody ever hits that wall. :rolleyes: I'm glad WERA doesn't race there any more as for me personally I think the track is too dangerous.

Get well soon Greg. Sorry about your bad luck and I hope Huey is right that the 3rd time is a charm and you'll get through the rest of the season injury free. :up:

14. The Wood

The Wood Well-Known Member

I saw the whole crash and it wasn't pretty! Greg went down pretty damn hard. He held on to it for a while before the bike let go. Pretty sure that the bike hit the wall. Not really sure if Greg hit the wall or not. Get well soon Greg. Hope to see you out on the track shortly. You are definitely in our prayers.

15. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Dammit, I hate to hear that:( . Greg - get rested up man, and if theres anything you need - then just shout. Be in touch, Mark and Brenda.

And get well soon.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

:down:

While I'm at it, I don't want to hear or see any of that shit at Tally, two weeks from now. You people need to stop falling off your motorcycles, and stop running into inmovable objects. Mkayyyyyy??? :mad:

17. Manic

Manic Well-Known Member

He is not going to come back from this one quite so fast. He was in good spirits when I helped load him on the chopper but was in A LOT of pain. The medics gave him some morphine and within a couple of min. the pain was bearable he said. He asked Misty to make sure to bring his "snuff" to the hospital as he was craving a dip.:) The injuries that I could see were a bunged up right knee and a severly broken left leg (femur). I am going to see how long he is going to be here in Baton Rouge and go visit him today. A little good news is the hospital is a FANTASTIC hospital that is first class all the way.

He was SMOKING and was 10 seconds ahead with 2 laps left. He was pretty far through turn 14 when it appears the bike spun real hard and highsided him. He missed the airfence and bales by a good bit and when into the wall at about a 25degree angle but was already sliding and off the bike upon impact. Thank God it was not worse. Unfortunatly, Misty watched the whole thing as she was about 800ft down the straight from impact holding his pit board. Everyone seemed to be doing as well as expected and his family had a lot of support and help.

Manic

18. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

damn that doesnt sound so good. Greg hope you heal up as fast as you get around a racetrack, cuz we all know you get around a racetrack blazingly fast, so.... :D

19. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident............. Wish you a speedy recovery!

20. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Greg, I'm sorry to hear about your crash. :(
    I wish you a speedy recovery. Britt will be crushed when she hears the news, but I know she will send her well wishes for you. ;)

Jeff